Which 9mm Lage upper for M11/9?

tomk

I put myself on the wait list for the Max-11 mk2 upper + the Max-11/15 IRM. Second guessing the 9mm upper choice. I already have a Swed-K so I can do drums with it. For those who have tried multiple Lage uppers - do you have a preference?

I also will have to get other accessories. First time with a M11/9. I'm guessing a new grip with lever mag release, a hardened sear, a new stock of some kind (thinking folder?), missing anything? Oh, and mags. I really dislike mags that are hard to load. I guess no one makes a bolt that will work with standard Suomi sticks? That would sure be nice...

The Shockwave mags seem popular. Being single stack i assume that they're just as fun to load as the Zytel mags?

Shot the gun with new buffer and suppressor for first time the other day. Bullet hose. It has been a long time since I had one of the little RPB .380 guns (metal mags). That little sucker was very fast.

Thanks for any feedback.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
For a Mac, one of each Lage upper- then maybe multiples, customized for different applications with different sights, suppressors and calibers.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
And some Practical Solutions uppers... to me every upper is like a different gun.

9mmsubgun-m11

UZI Talk Life Member
Get as many uppers as you like as once Richard stops production you will be sorry you missed the boat. Currently I have 4 and will be getting a few more soon.

10mmlover

I just got my m11/9 and I've got the Max-11k. Slower firing than the stock upper but still faster than their longer ones and keeps a small package that easily fits in a range bag when used with their folding stock. The shockwave mags are fantastic and I just use a maglula to load them. I wish they were truly double stack so I could use the ETS fast loader, but it just means I buy lots of mags and load them all at home before going to the range. I got all that after market lage stuff, but at least using their upper with their lage bolt, I haven't needed to swap anything on the lower yet. I think the stock grip is fine and eventually I'll put on the Lage 2 piece one with the thumb mag release, but I don't have issues with the stock lower. Only thing I did do, was get rid of the stock takedown 2 pin setup. Lage has a good push through pin, and KNS precision also has a push button pin that's similar.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
I'd get every upper you can afford ....whats here and avl. today could be history in short order. Not going too lose much if anything as time goes by.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
It took a LOT of asking to get a shorter 31a made (31c) and it’s my current favorite. The CFW gen2a bolt is equal in terms of a quality purchase.

SecondAmend

A tip to avoid post-purchase cognitive dissonance (aka "buyer's remorse") - shoot a M11/9 with a tungsten bolt installed, and shoot with any upper you are considering before you buy anything.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

tomk

I should've added that I put myself on another waiting list for a tungsten bolt. Not holding my breath for that one right now... If I could find one it seems like a good solution by itself or to complement any of the other options.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter