Who is repairing broken Vector Trunion welds now

JC556N

Picked up my Vector SMG today, got half a mag through it before it started denting primers. I have a pre-sample IMI and never saw something like that before so I didn't think anything more than, "Hey this ammo is crap" of it.

After the third dud I brought it back inside to gauge the firing pin protrousion on the bolt and noticed the entire trunion had walked forward a bit. I'm able to move it back and forth by hand.

My trunion and barrel assembly are cock eyed off to the left too when viewed from the back of the receiver.

Crap. Not going to complain though for what I paid because I'm seeing them for 18-20K online now.

Glad I didn't sell my pre-may gun though. I'd be pissed with no Uzi!

Who is competently repairing these guns now? Recomendations?

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
Were it my gun, I'd send it to John Andrewski. In my personal experience, he provides superior work for a reasonable price and turnaround.

JC556N

Were it my gun, I'd send it to John Andrewski. In my personal experience, he provides superior work for a reasonable price and turnaround.

Does he have a website/how do you contact him?

Edit : I think I found him on Google. fired off an Email just now.

Last edited:

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Dustindu4
Yup its legit.
Ive talked to Thomas and his dad, Thomas senior a number of times. Bought from them as well.

Edited:
I have purchased parts from Thomas and all went great. I have not however, had any work done by him.

Good to see another face in the UZI game.

Last edited:

Galil#1

Well we all know here Richard is going through the very roughest of times that life can dish out. Did order/pay on-line for a UZI full size tri lug barrel five (5) months ago. Sent one email, no reply.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Well we all know here Richard is going through the very roughest of times that life can dish out. Did order/pay on-line for a UZI full size tri lug barrel five (5) months ago. Sent one email, no reply.

Call him on the phone and ask him about your order.Not defending the man but I had great service in the past.He has been through a rough patch to say the very least.Good luck Galil, hope everything works out.

JC556N

I sent it to John Andrewski. Should have it back in a week or two if all goes well. Very happy! He'll get my Mac-10 for work next.

Galil#1

= ? Folks using them really well and often, want to be ready & feel protected. It's an insane world.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
Had no idea Vector Arms was still around! How Cool!

I'm still waiting to hear more about this "Vector Arm" company that suddenly came out of nowhere. As far as I know the real Vector arms founders are either in prison or not allowed near guns anymore

Vector Arms

I'm still waiting to hear more about this "Vector Arm" company that suddenly came out of nowhere. As far as I know the real Vector arms founders are either in prison or not allowed near guns anymore

Vector Arms didn't suddenly come out of nowhere. It was founded by Ralph Merril after purchasing all of Group Industries Full Auto and Semi Auto receivers on 24 August 1995.
I was one of the original creditors when Jason Dee Maughn embezzled the company while Ralph Merrel was in prison for perjury. When Ralph got out of prison, he sued Maughn to get Vector Arms Inc back. The lawsuit got so expensive that Maughn had to declare bankruptcy protection. Vector Arms was granted Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July 2017 and had until July 2018 to reorganize and exit Chapter 11 protection. Vector Arms Corp never exited Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection in the summer of 2018 because Jason Dee Maughn kidnapped an individual, over sexual abuse allegations of a mutual friend, and drove an ice pick through his penis. Maughn is currently serving 1-15 for Aggravated Assault and 15-Life for Aggravated Kidnapping to be served consecutively. Because Vector Arms Corp never exited Chapter 11 Reorganization, the Bankruptcy Judge ordered Chapter 7 Liquidation. The ATF raided Vector Arms in October 2018 and confiscated "109 Machineguns". I purchased all of Vector Arms Inc, Vector Arms Corp and all their assets from the Bankruptcy Court on December 14, 2018. We relocated Vector Arms assets from Midvale, Utah to our present location in Uintah, Utah. Because of the Pandemic, and subsequent supply chain issues, it has taken us three years to revive Vector Arms and start to supply all of the items that have been Out of Stock for years.
If you are interested in the whole sorted story, that is stranger than fiction, and have a spare half hour, I would be happy to tell you the whole saga.
If you are interested in any Uzi, HK, or RPD parts please contact us. We have a few parts listed on GunBroker under my username ViperDrvr but have too many to list. GunBroker would not let me have a separate Vector Arms account.
We are trying get VectorArms.com back up and running but, as you can imagine, we are having a little difficulty getting the Password for Jason!
Please contact us if you want more information or anything we can help you with via our business email address: directblowback@gmail.com.
Thomas J Carpenter, Owner
Vector Arms
Materialized Arms

Galil#1

Wow sounds like crazy ass shit drama... why would anyone want to keep such a company name that's now mud with all that stupid drama? Be like a child daycare place called SIDS.

CKxx

Who could have imagined that already-wild tale could have taken that many more twists.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter