WTK:IS there a market for the group Uzi rec.?

tal035

I may be getting a few and wondered if there is any Market for them? If so, I will list them in the WTS forum. Probably $150-$175 , and they would be an FFL item

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
I may be getting a few and wondered if there is any Market for them? If so, I will list them in the WTS forum. Probably $150-$175 , and they would be an FFL item
You mean a Group Industries shell right. I can't imagine you mean a fully built receiver. I'm sure there's a market, though I heard some of them were out of spec (I think I actually have one of those and was planning to use it mostly as a repair section).

root

UZI Talk Supporter
All the shells are out of spec.

The good ones became transferables.

Was told the above by D&D sales.

Could be anything from twisted receiver to stamping out of alingment or slight up or down bow.

I would be interested in one @ 150 possibly 2 if cheaper.

I have the prints to finish these off successfully if you do get some.

ETA link

This will explain a bit about them

Last edited:

tal035

Here a couple pics

Attachments

• DSC09681.JPG
    DSC09681.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC09682.JPG
    DSC09682.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 36

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
OK, those are the shells, which is what I was thinking. In fact two of them don't even have the pocket to insert the trigger group pressed in yet. This is why your original post confused me a bit. So I have to ask, why are these FFL items? They're not completed receivers so they're not actual firearms. These shells usually get bought and sold by mail. Did whoever sold them to you make you go through an FFL?

Jones

Receiver sheet metal is usually mild steel since most forces are handled by the barrel, trunnion and bolt.
Think unibody construction where all the various parts support each other.
As such, it's actually quite forgiving if you understand it's pressure points.
Hardwood blocks and an arbor press or small hydraulic press is all you need to shape, reshape or straighten them cold.
Any flats folded incorrectly where pin holes don't line up might be a little more work to TIG holes closed then redrill them.
Depending on how much work you want to put into them; even the unsalvageable ones make dandy FFL papereweights.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
They are stamped with all the info a regular firearm would have.
That's why the batfe makes em go FFL.
They have been this way since day one.
My guess and it's only a guess is the info was put on them as they were stamped out not after the fact.

But yes they can be finished easier with the correct prints and instructions
Since those include zero points to pull all locations.

Again I would buy one possibly two and I would hook you up with the 46 pages of info we converted over to PDF last summer from D&D

arch stanton

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand Live @ The Blue Note
OK, those are the shells, which is what I was thinking. In fact two of them don't even have the pocket to insert the trigger group pressed in yet. This is why your original post confused me a bit. So I have to ask, why are these FFL items? They're not completed receivers so they're not actual firearms. These shells usually get bought and sold by mail. Did whoever sold them to you make you go through an FFL?
If they have a serial number on the opposite side of the receiver rear in the pictures posted I would assume they are an FFL item

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter