M11/22

svtcobra

Thanks for putting in the work. Definitely jumping on the list when they start one. :uzi

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
As I do for every single upper, I will add myself to the list and likely buy. I appreciate the time, expertise, and creativity: I possess none of those myself, but benefit tremendously from the people who do!

My M11a1 needs a .22 upper.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Whooooa. Cool! Sam and the Practical Solutions crew are just the outfit to take on .22! Are those 3d printed? Are the goals still bulk pack compatibility?

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Whooooa. Cool! Sam and the Practical Solutions crew are just the outfit to take on .22! Are those 3d printed? Are the goals still bulk pack compatibility?

The m11/9 size frame upper is a running aluminum / steel prototype the other 2 are 3d printed for fitment to lowers and yet to be made out of hard parts. I've run nothing but cheap bulk pack ammo from multiple brands.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I like the design of the small grip mag. I wonder if Black Dog Machine would make them.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
I like the design of the small grip mag. I wonder if Black Dog Machine would make them.

I am really surprised at how well my mags work for being 3d printed. A few thousand rounds have been run through the m11/9 version with multiple guns and multiple versions of Lage's 22lr conversion kits as well as my upper and they have performed quite well. I'd love to see how they would run being made from extruded plastic or even cnc'd out of aluminum. That being said Sam has own version of a mag we can use for this endeavor. Its made of metal but will require a mag well insert. The mag well insert that I have modeled uses 2 set screws to allow the user to adjust the mag height up and down to accommodate for tolerance issues with the lowers. Here is a video of a 20 rounder running with my upper and insert. Having options is a good thing.

Last edited:

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm not complaining but a 20 round magazine for an MG is on the very lower end. You're just getting going with the thing and your out of ammo. It's one of the reasons that I got rid of my Reising M50 (yes I had some 30 round mags for it.....).

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I am really surprised at how well my mags work for being 3d printed. A few thousand rounds have been run through the m11/9 version with multiple guns and multiple versions of Lage's 22lr conversion kits as well as my upper and they have performed quite well. I'd love to see how they would run being made from extruded plastic or even cnc'd out of aluminum. That being said Sam has own version of a mag we can use for this endeavor. Its made of metal but will require a mag well insert. The mag well insert that I have modeled uses 2 set screws to allow the user to adjust the mag height up and down to accommodate for tolerance issues with the lowers. Here is a video of a 20 rounder running with my upper and insert. Having options is a good thing.

3d printed mags can work. I've tested the 20 round 31 style 3d printed mag with surprisingly good results.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm not complaining but a 20 round magazine for an MG is on the very lower end. You're just getting going with the thing and your out of ammo. It's one of the reasons that I got rid of my Reising M50 (yes I had some 30 round mags for it.....).

I agree, I don't remember if Sam said he makes 30 or 40 rounders. The 20 rounder is just what I had to test with. My 3d printed mags hold 33 rounds if you have enough Z height on your printer.

Galil#1

All Awesome!
What of your M10/.308 project status?!
Thanks for sharing!

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
All Awesome!
What of your M10/.308 project status?!
Thanks for sharing!

Kind of on the back burner right now as the 22lr uppers will take priority but I did show and offer it to Sam. He does have interest in it. It will all depend on demand, if there is enough interest it could happen.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I may be biased but I like 32 round mags.

The 20 round mag would be great start for an adapter for the GSG 110 rd drum.

5964408700_f3e205a2af_c.jpg

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
There is nowhere in macland you can go without seeing Strobro's footsteps already there. There are probably already custom headstamp MAC-380 casings on the moon. Strobro we need a Strobro's treasure trove tour!

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
The 20 round mag would be great start for an adapter for the GSG 110 rd drum.

You know, I think I bought 2 of those drum mags a few years ago just because. Maybe I'll try to model something.:devil

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
You know, I think I bought 2 of those drum mags a few years ago just because. Maybe I'll try to model something.:devil

I bought a couple of them as well to try with my Fleming conversion. They didn't work at all. I'd love to convert them to fit the Lage 22 kit. With 110 rounds you are really talking.

Maybe Strobro32 will sell us plans/parts/do a youtube tutorial/go on a a lecture series tour/do the work for a disgustingly high fee. (hints)

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I used to have a strobro32 youtube channel but I lost all my stuff in a theft. After that I just stopped showing stuff off. I'll never know if the channel lead crooks to me.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter