Search results

1. MG34_Dan

Help with .22lr UZI barrel.

My Vector UZI runs perfectly in 9mm and .22lr. I use a Vector .22lr conversion set up and it simply dropped in and runs perfectly. I stumbled on a very nice condition short .22lr barrel I intend to use with a suppressor. But this new short barrel has had its breech machined to fit a semiauto...
  2. MG34_Dan

How to change the .22lr extractor...

Does anyone have instructions, w/pictures, on how to replace the extractor on a full auto UZI .22lr bolt? After 20 years the extractor on my Vector conversion bolt is not extracting. I do have a couple Tom Bowers replacement extractors to use. Thanks in advance.
  3. MG34_Dan

Any suggestions for an Uzi SMG case.

I've had my Vector Uzi SMG for ~20 years and have used an older MP5A3 case to haul it around. I guess the oil and grit have gotten to my case and it's falling apart. Does anyone have any suggestions for another case for me to use? I liked the MP5A3 case because it allowed me to haul around...
  4. MG34_Dan

Vector .22lr 20 Round Magazines

At times I just luck out. I spotted an early Vector .22lr 20 round magazine on a well known auction site. It was just sitting there with no bids. So what the hell, I placed a bid. And what do you know, I won it. It arrived on Christmas Eve, but something about it just wasn't right. The...
  5. MG34_Dan

Who here is from Port Saint Lucie Florida?

This is not my weapon and I do not know, nor have I had anything to do with seller. If I did, I would be embarrassed as hell! Those in Port Saint Lucie should be shocked by this GB ad from Guns​ Plus More​/​Alan's Firearms. => https://www.gunbroker.com/item/846144545 <= The weapon advertised...
  6. MG34_Dan

IMI FA Uzi Manuals

A true Uzi aficionado collects all things Uzi. Yea, I know It's a sickness. Here are a few pics of my two IMI manuals. Each was printed in Israel. So, it's appropriate they are displayed with an Israeli Mail envelope. I have an original IMI English language and an original IMI Portuguese...
  7. MG34_Dan

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. My Beretta AR70 clone.

The receiver was made by PLF from St. Louis Missouri back in the day. She was assembled on a surplus Malaysian Army AR70 parts kit. She handles and shoots just fine. Plus, she still retains the original military bipod, rifle grenade launcher sights, and gas cut-off valve. Since these photos...
  8. MG34_Dan

Me thinks we may have a problem here!

This parts kit is not mine and I do not know the seller! Check out GB Auction# 679726289 http://www.gunbroker.com/item/679726289 I think this modified slotted bolt is suspect: In addition, we have what appears to be a full auto grip assembly with a full auto sear installed:
  9. MG34_Dan

Uzi .22lr barrel issue. A personal problem.

I picked up an additional barrel for my Vector .22lr conversion kit. The issue is this barrel is machined for a weapon with the semi auto feed ramp. My Uzi has no feed ramp so there's a slight gap between the barrel breach bottom and the receiver bottom. The barrel works fine, but the gap...
  10. MG34_Dan

Anyone use the original Vector .45 ACP SMG open bolt conversion?

Any words of wisdom on these kits? I have a chance to pick one up that has never been shot. The original invoice shows it was purchased from Vector in 2001. Bolt and barrel are marked ".45 ACP" and comes with two (2) 16 round IMI .45 ACP magazines.
  11. MG34_Dan

Where to find a semi auto full size Uzi recoil spring assembly?

I posted a WTB in the appropriate section, but I did not get one response. Does anybody know where I can get a real semi auto full size Uzi recoil spring assembly? I'm not interested in a full auto spring without the little buffer pad. What I'm looking for is pictured below, second from the...
  12. MG34_Dan

Blue goop residue shooting Swedish 9mm practice ammo.

I had my F/A Vector out this weekend with an old buddy. He wanted to try shooting some Swedish 9mm practice ammo. So I swapped out the standard Uzi 9mm barrel for one I got from Luis Morales a while back. Luis' barrel is especially made to shoot the Swedish practice stuff. I got around to...
  13. MG34_Dan

FYI: For anyone wanting an excellent condition Izzie wood stock...

I would highly recommend ordering one from Numrich. They are selling "Excellent Condition" ones @ $47.30 + $1.00 + shipping: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/982110.htm I ordered one last week and it just arrived. It is indeed in excellent condition. With the extra buck and shipping, my bottom...
  14. MG34_Dan

Heads Up: UZI mags and barrels from Ohio Ordnance Works!

I am in no way associated with Ohio Ordnance works! I'm just passing on the information. That said, I just to this email: Hey it's Bob from OOW... I'm feeling a bit rushed at the moment. Things haven't gone exactly as I intended... "The best laid plans..." Here's the story: This...
  15. MG34_Dan

IMI UZI SMG Manuals?

Why are there no IMI UZI SMG manuals out there? Every other flavor of IMI UZI manual is easily found, but no SMG manuals. I know they really do exist as I have seen one or two over the years. Since IMI no longer exists, it would seem to me that an enterprising person could reproduce them and...
  16. MG34_Dan

Damn, but I do heart my Vector UZI!

I got my Vector back in 2001 for something like $2800 and it has run perfectly from day one. A few months later I bought a Vector UZI .22lr conversion kit for it. It too has run with no hitches whatsoever using Vector 20 round magazines (I have six). Anyway, we had a little MG shoot yesterday...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter