9mm Ammo for FA

davep32618

UZI Talk Supporter
All,

I have used a few relaods, but almost exclusively WWB in my FA Uzi. I am thinking about buying 10,000 rounds and I was considering Wolf ammo. I would like to hear some opinions, before I take the plunge. I guess I should buy various types and just try them, but I would like to hear everyones opinions fisrt, especially on the Wolf ammo.

Thanks,

Dave

Ge-mini-gun

You’re probably going to hear everything from it’s shit to it the greatest stuff in the world. With that said I run it in my M16, MAC and pistols. It’s cheap and the only thing I’m shooting with it is dirt, so while not shoot the cheapest.

drbones2nd

the old laquer coated wolf caused most of the problems but over the last couple years it was phased out with the new finish which has eliminated most or all of functional issues.

Should work just fine.

flgp52

UZI Talk Supporter
Wolf

Do you really want to use the cheapest ammo in your expensive, exotic weapons??? I tried some wolf .45 cal and now I am haveing a wonderful time trying to find a replacement barrel.:cry It only takes one squib to cause you a lot of expense.:soapbox

Samuel_Hoggson

I've shot almost nothing other than steel cased Russian 9mm 124s in my FS Uzis. Some of it has been lacquer, some poly. I've used multiple different barrels and bolts. Zero failures of any kind. I would think that I would have seen some indications by now. I'm past 10k. At shoots most friends also use steel and I've seen no problems in a variety of expensive and collectible 9mm toys.

OTOH, I've had failures to feed with some brass-cased stuff. I have also personally witnessed brass cased 9mm squibs in other guns.

I like being able to police empties with a power-magnet.

I don't think the lacquer issue is relevant in open bolt 9mm guns, as I cannot see how there would be an opportunity for lacquer to "melt". Going further, though opinions differ I also believe the lacquer "melt" issue is crap even in closed bolt guns - and even in M16s. I have never been able to get a poly or lacquer round to stick in any chamber, even after repeated mag dumps followed by a pause. It is well-documented that using brass case after many rounds of steel can result in extraction problems in M16s. Chamber brush prevents this.

Sam

pmf

I've shot a lot of Wolf and other Russian 9mm through my uzi and never had problems with it. It's dirty and smells a little funny, but its always worked 100% for me. And unlike a Thompson, a squib round will not cost you more than 2 minutes and $35 for a replacement barrel with an uzi.

subgunner

I'm on my third FA Uzi. First was a model B bolt gun and latest is an IMI "A" conversion.

In my experience the Uzi is the least fussy about ammo of all subguns. Back in the day there was a shit load of Egyptian surplus ammo that was green and fuzzy and smelled like camel dung when fired. The Uzi ate several thousand rounds without a burp.

WWB, Hirtenberger +P+, Wolf, IMI black tip, Danish surplus,
S&B have all worked without issue. For blasting buy what's cheap. You won't hurt a thing.

9mmsubgun-m11

UZI Talk Life Member
I have been using WWB in my FA UZI.Last night while shooting in semi with the suppressor,I had 1 or 2 rounds that were subsonic.I checked the barrel and everything looked ok.I was in semi doing a little sight adjustment.Also last night was shooting my MAX-11 and the last round did not eject-low power on that one too.These light loads were the first I have experianced using WWB.Hopefully I will be loading my own sometime soon.

pmf

The only ammo mine won't eat are hollow points. I'd guess a snub nose, wad cutter type projectile might cause problems too. All ball ammo works 100% in mine.

Hey 9mmsubgun-m11 --- How does the M11/9 with a Lage slow fire upper compare to the uzi? I have a Max-11 upper ready for shipment and am trying to decide whether to buy the 750 rpm tactical bolt along with the standard 600 rpm bolt it comes with, or substitute it. Does the 600 rpm bolt turn the M11/9 into an uzi?

-gunut-

Glad this thread came up. I was wondering about cheap ammo as well.

I just got word my FA UZI is now at my dealer! :)

I am going Friday to test fire and pick up the forms. I have about 4 types of ammo I wanna check. I will gets some pics also!

UZI SBR AWC

9mmsubgun-m11 said:
Hopefully I will be loading my own sometime soon.

HEHEHEE... I gots my first round of ISSMC ammo loaded last weekend. 147gr lead loaded to approx 1050-1060 fps over chrono to make an approx 155 IPSC power factor against steel.

PICT0019.jpg

9mmsubgun-m11

UZI Talk Life Member
pmf,I would say no.My UZI seems way faster than my MAX-11. UZI SBR AWC,I have some lead for you.Did you ever come up with a price for what we discussed the last time?

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
My vote would be for WWB do the fact its reloadable. And is "oK" priced all thing considered. nothing wrong with wolf either other than its usally non reloadable.

AKhunter

I avoid WWB as I've seen 2 squibs in subguns and both barrels were buldged. Wolf is not a problem except the .45 as it's way underpower.

johnnywitt

UZI Talk Life Member
I've run everything from Rem UMC to lacquer steel cased Monarch with nary a problemo.
.22, now that's a different ballgame.

1096369fred

UZI Talk Supporter
Here is the ad from Pats reloading, I bought a 1000 rounds, and will report back on how it shoots.... Good price, Nice and clean loose packed.........But DO NOT SHOOT IN HANDGUNS....SMG ONLY!

Fred

P.S. here is there ad.....

www.patsreloading.com

9mm Auto, Israeli Ball +P+ High Pressure, for Uzi SMG , we shot this in my Mac 10 and Sten and the S&W 76, and Uzi, really zings:::clean your gun, we called the factory they told us non corrosive, but out tests show some corrosion, 70's mfg, Not for use in MP5, Colt AR15(the primers are hard, will work or not work depends on your AR15)

***Loose in Ammo Can, Got new shipment, 99.99 per 1000, 2000 plus 94.99 pre 1000 rds.

1000 rds In 25 rd boxes inside a 50 cal ammo can, 129.99m. This will be the nicer stock in good boxes

2000 plus in boxes 124.99 per 1000

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter