Blackthorne 308 Barrel

lcastillo

I would also be interested in a source for sniper parts.
From my understanding only like 24 complete sniper rifles arrived here in the U.S.A. with half of them going to the U.S.M.C. (which they will destroy them before they ever let civilians get their hands on them) our own Adipose has the 1st imported sniper rifle in his collection. Although there are Galatz parts kits out there, they are hard to find. I would have to say Galatz parts (and I mean individual parts) are the "Holy Grail" of Galil parts to get lucky enough to come across. The Blackthorne barrel that Adipose referred to earlier in this thread came with the original gas block, barrel and the end piece of the demilled receiver. I would say that's one hell of a lucky find. Anyways I have just enough hope that IWI will offer some Galatz parts for sale later this summer. Maybe I can snag a wood hand guard with all the bi-pod hardware (I can dream a little huh?).

Last edited:

mrf2

I got my 5.56mm barrel today. It is IMI marked '88 dated and I assume 1:12 (I've got three IMI barrels and the only one that is 1:7 is marked as such, the others are 1:12 and unmarked) and brand new in the white. The only odd thing is my barrel is 17" long. I will keep it, it's still a deal, but I'd rather have an 18" barrel. I've emailed blackthorne and I'll see what I get back.

Dee

5.56 Barrels

Fire up the credit cards boys!
3 more 5.56 barrels today, all 1 in 7 chrome lined
Markings
G

G

G

All have 1 7CR near the muzzle.

Dee

I got my 5.56mm barrel today. It is IMI marked '88 dated and I assume 1:12 (I've got three IMI barrels and the only one that is 1:7 is marked as such, the others are 1:12 and unmarked) and brand new in the white. The only odd thing is my barrel is 17" long. I will keep it, it's still a deal, but I'd rather have an 18" barrel. I've emailed blackthorne and I'll see what I get back.

I would do a visual. Look down the bore and compare the 1 7CR with the others. It will be obvious if they are different.
1988 is probably too early for 1 in 7 but worth checking.
If it was me, I'd just order another instead of returning/exchanging because they'll probably charge you $16 to $20 for shipping and you'll need to pay return shipping.

mrf2

I have no problem ordering another, it's a heck of a deal, I just one that is 18" long. Were all of yours 18"?

adipose

Just got my batch.

My (2) Snipers are / 20 in.:
12-86 / Both with a step; so these are the gen. 1's

5.56 / 18 in.:
32 25
97 96
G G / Both have the 1 in 7 CR up front

.308's / 15.75 in.

G / All 3 barrels have these markings. None of them has the P marking like Dee's

All of these are the correct factory markings

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 239

adipose

Checked the barrels out with both muzzle and throat gauges; all showing basically zero's (new).

Also put them next to models I have; in seeing if everything is good.

The sniper (gen. 1 w/ step) barrel is perfect against my current sniper.

Bottom pic shows the 5.56 being gauged.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 213

adipose

Here is the .308 / 15.75 in. barrels that sold out; which are profiled for a SAR.

They gauged out good and holding them up to my UZI America - Mossberg import; they lined up perfectly.

The barrel that came with this rifle; has a 03 / 97 / G coding on it (compared to the 25 / 95 / G coding from Blackthorne).

The import barrel's is brand new; so I think my barrels will be sitting in storage for a while unless I build a SAR to keep this one company.

Even though the SAR barrels sold out fast at 25.00 a piece; I don't think too many people will be building .308 SAR's.

What is the status on everyone else's barrels; especially the 5.56 ones? Were all the barrels 1 in 7 or they some people get 80's stamped barrels; which would be 1 in 12.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 214

R4orgery

I received a single 5.56 barrel along with several .308 ones. It turned out to be the oddball 16.75" inch length but appears to be a 1 in 7" twist, although not marked as such. It appears chrome lined and in new condition with a 12-88 date code. I'm very curious about where these came from and what there intended purpose was, and even more curious why Blackthorne is selling them so cheap. ???

RSR

UZI Talk Supporter
I received both of mine today... (UPS missed my original date on my first, so I had to have the local UPS store hold the order as I was traveling...)

First order, I only ordered one 5.56 barrel as it was unknown twist (blackthorne didn't respond to email through their ask a question option on their website and I was tired of waiting).
That one is dated 95 and is 1-7 CR stamped near the muzzle.

On reports of the 1-7 twist barrels here I ordered another dozen figuring I'll need 4-6 for all my planned builds and hopefully at least 1/3rd come out as 1/7... Well, no dice. These arrived marked 12-88 and no twist stamp. I haven't manually checked twist but initial guess is 1-12. Pretty bummed on that actually...

Strangely, the outside of the 1-7 95 barrel had much more corrosion/darkening than the 88 barrels...

*First order was the 13th and 2nd was the 18th -- but there were still more than 100 barrels available when I placed my order on the 18th (I knocked them 90) and didn't see them in stock yesterday... Just looked and there are 163 of the 5.56 barrels listed now...

I ordered some of the 308 SAR, Sniper, and Hadar barrels, some hinges, 2 magal stocks, a few of the ARM handguards, and some other miscellany too. Though the packing job left much to be desired here, but everything else looks to be in order. I'll report back on barrel markings in full and actual twists once I have some time later this week.

Last edited:

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
I think you may be a little disappointed with the Blackthorne hinges. Look at the "Where to get Galil stock and hinge parts" post, at the end. They're real cheap, and maybe could be made to fit well, but, they don't fit real well as they come.

azathoth

This is the same as the one I got, 03-88 date code. Threads are dinged a little but should clean up fine.

mrf2

My second showed up today. I asked for an 18" in the order comments and I got an 18" CR 1-7 marked. Mine must have been stamped by the new guy because the 12 G 96 marking and the CR 1-7 are lightly stamped around the entire circumference of the barrel. I had a SAR barrel like that a few years ago but it shot fine. I'm happy, once it's refinished and got a nice coat of paint on it, it will be prefect.

Ugh!

My second showed up today. I asked for an 18" in the order comments and I got an 18" CR 1-7 marked.

Did you have to pay for the hand select option to get them to specifically ship an 18" one. I ordered 4 on the 18th, when they had about 130 left. All 4 were 1-7.

mrf2

I did not pay a fee. I just put in the comments that I got a 17" on last time and I wanted an 18" for a project and that I would be happy with a 1:12 or a 1:7.

32kcolg

I placed my order today and at the end I got an order number but no order confirmation was sent to my email. Now I can look at my order history on their page bc my account is screwed up some how. I sent them an email however I'm not sure how long it will take to hear back. I don't want to miss out. Is there any phone number to reach them at. Any numbers I find online are no longer in use:/

Also how does the charge appear on your cc statements is it blackthorne products?

edman99

I bought 4 of the 5.56 barrels and 2 Hadar barrels. All of the 5.56 are 1/7. It's funny because 2 of them are stamped
G

about a dozen times!

I'm not that familiar with the Hadar, but the barrels are not threaded - do they press and pin into the receiver?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter