Bowers LLC

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
This has been a long time coming.
Having owned, sold and used Bowers products for the last decade I felt compelled to write this.
First off, Bowers products are top shelf! No corners are cut or detail left unattended. You will be very hard pressed to find similar products that are as nice as Tom's for any price. My first can (like most people) was a Bowers CAC9. After barely a couple of months I started to get baffle strikes (i let the can unscrew while shooting it). This let me experience Tom's business model and customer service first hand. Tom's reply was "send it in and we will fix and get it back to you, no charge" Really? Who the hell does that?
This prompted me to purchase several more suppressors from Bowers, all of which preformed beyond expectations. After that it goes quiet(ha!) for several years, well I mess stuff up and Tom tells me to send it back so he can fix it.

Not to long ago Bowers began to offer the upgrade to the Versadapt (?) mount upgrade for his suppressors. i sent in one of our older CAC9 cans and had Tom work his magic. First off, the adapters are just beautiful! Well thought out and machined. Next he completely rebuilt the can with his latest baffle stack and endcaps making a noticeable improvment in performance. All for a nominal fee and 1 week turnaround. Can't beat that with a stick! With the interchangeable adapters this makes the CAC series of suppressors some of the most versatile on the market. A true bargain when you factor in everything you can use it on. I currently use the UZI, .5x28 and m11/9 thread mounts.
Today in speaking with Tom about upgrading my CAC22 into a user serviceable can he said to send it in and he would go over it for me and replace both endcaps with an upgraded version and replace any worn parts. This is a fricken 10 year old can that I have beat the snot out of! This just follows Tom's business model, if he made it he will service it for life all for the cost of shipping. Factor in the cost of his products and this is just a smokin deal.
I also ordered a 5/8x24 adapter to use the cac9 on a 300 blackout rifle I just built because I think .30cal cans are just to fricken heavy.
I know this comes as no surprise to people that have been in the game awhile, but I figured I would share this with those who have not experienced Bowers products or service. Tom and Dorthy truly treat everyone as if they were family. If you have not yet, you owe it to yourself to check out their product line and forums:https://www.subguns.com/

Last edited:

emerz

UZI Talk Supporter
Yeah, I have to agree. That damn hippie is one hell of a businessman!

Glockdude1

UZI Talk Supporter
I remember buying his NIW grease gun mags for $13 each........shipped.

Great guy to do business with.

:surfing

Garrett

Yeah - I don't even own a MAC 10 to shoot my CAC-45 with any more. But I still use it on a half dozen or so host guns, in about 4 different calibers. None of which are .45 ACP.

I keep thinking I need to unscrew my Reising's comp (missing fins anyway) and have a matching mount made just so I'll have a .45 subgun to use with the can again. :D

Dazeoff

UZI Talk Supporter
Same experience here. I received a post card from them yesterday, an advertisement for his board and I wondered why he would need to advertise since his reputation precedes him.

class3JB

UZI Talk Supporter
Tom Bowers is THE BEST!!!

I have had a few of his older cans and they are built like a tank. He has spent time on the phone with me and always cheerfully answered my questions. When I've had a problem with another manifacturer I spoke to him and he got involved on my behalf and got it resolved. He upgraded a endcap for me no charge. What more can I say? The BEST!!!

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
Tom is a stand up guy and has a good sense of humor to boot.

So tell them what ATAS stands for :)

lonniejt

UZI Talk Life Member
Tom Bowers Cans

Chili - Very nice write-up and recommendation. I visit his site often, along with Sturmgewehr, and I have heard good things of him, also. With that type customer service, I don't think that I would ever buy another can from another Manufacturer...might have to change my buying habits! Again, great write-up and recommendation!!! Lonnie Joe

Bowers Group LLC

UZI Talk Life Member
Thank you!

You guys sure know how to make someone feel appreciated. That's awfully nice of you.

We make an effort to do right by our clientele because we appreciate you in turn. There would be no business without our clients.

jaybird

I have just closed the envelope on my first order from Bowers Group LLC. I look over at UZITALK and see this. Wow, nice to know I am dealing with a great guy. I recently p/u a Vector .22 FA conversion kit and wanted to get an extra extractor. Was not sure I could even find one. Did a google search and Subguns pops up #1 on list. Looks like top quality products from an outstanding company. I could not be happier.

SteyrAUG

00000000044ij1.jpg

chili17

Staff member
Just a heads up. The cac9 sounds really nice on a 300whisper/blackout with subsonic loads. I would not, however shoot supersonics through it. Leave that for a rifle can.

WarHound1

Two things I don't like about Bowers cans are the glossy anodize finish and his griptastic works but looks too much like pipe covering. He should offer a matte black finish or something a bit rougher to match with most gun coatings, as few have a glossy bright finish. Performance wise, his cans work well but appearance is a big part of choosing what looks best on your gun. A newer version of a nomex cover would be a great item to offer as well.

chili17

Staff member
I believe they are starting to offer a matte finish on their cans now. As for the suppressor cover I will take function over looks anyday.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
WarHound1 said:
Two things I don't like about Bowers cans are the glossy anodize finish and his griptastic works but looks too much like pipe covering. He should offer a matte black finish or something a bit rougher to match with most gun coatings, as few have a glossy bright finish. Performance wise, his cans work well but appearance is a big part of choosing what looks best on your gun. A newer version of a nomex cover would be a great item to offer as well.

I guess you don't like the pink and purple ones???

Shoot, I love that griptastic cover. Much more functional in my opinion.

Jake

loumckellar

I agree with the positive comments! I recently had my CAC-9 modernized and had posed some questions to Tom. I was surprised to get a call back with the answers! I am quite pleased with the customer service and quality of Bowers Group.

jolague

All around cheers for Tom! Thanks for fixing my two-stage Sionics can over the summer after I had fifteen bullets logged in it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter