BWE is still here and not going anywhere.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
I am still here. I have not been answering the phone or emails in the last month because of health issues, and I apologize for that.

I just got out of the hospital after a two plus week stay there after emergency surgery. I found out I have Colon cancer and am recovering from the surgeons removing most of my Colon. As I recover my strength I will get back in the shop and get things back on track. Give me some time and I will get everything back on track. The cancer explains why I have been so worn out the last year and have been working a lot slower than before.

There is no need to worry about me dying and people not being able to get their Uzis fixed, I am not going anywhere and I can't afford to die anyway. My wife is going to start taking on some of the work with producing parts to help us get back on track. My son graduates from college this spring and at this point his plans are to join the business. As I get him trained it will relieve the load on my plate and increase our production times. BWE is not going anywhere and is not closing for a long time.

The other thing to remember is 2020 was a crazy year for the firearms industry and me as well. We sold 3 times as many parts in 2020 as we have in any other year. As a one man shop I simply could not keep up with parts production and gunsmithing. 2021 will be a rebuilding year for BWE as I get my health back and get the family helping more in the shop we will get caught up please just bear with us. After all my health is the most important thing.

I also want to thank everyone for their support and prayers during this time. It means a great deal to me .

Wetworks

UZI Talk Supporter
Last weekend I buried my uncle who was my lifetime hunting and fishing partner. Lost him to cancer after one hell of a 10 year battle.
You and your family are in my thoughts. And I like your attitude, never surrender!

AGG

Extending prayers to you and your family, for a quick and full recovery--- and the strength to persevere.

Tony

wanneroo

UZI Talk Supporter
Ultimately health trumps all because without it, well...

So get well, rest, recuperate and it sounds like you have a plan to train the next generation which is good. Especially with NFA stuff, the knowledge needs passed on.

I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Hope you heal fast but take your time and don't over due anything.

Best 0 luck

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
My recovery is going good. I am half way through my chemo treatments and my cancer tumors have shrunk by about 30%. My Doctor said that is good so I am really happy. My hemoglobin level is up to just below the lower normal limit so I am feeling stronger than I was when this all started. I am slowly making progress on my backlog of parts and gunsmithing. My goal is to have everything pretty much caught up by the end of the year. I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Even though I am not religious just knowing people are taking that little bit of time to pray for me helps a lot. Thank you.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Richard, I had a 16 hour surgery and radiation in lieu of chemo for my last bout of "the c word", so I cannot begin to comprehend what you are going through, but I sincerely hope you recover soon. Eat healthy foods (In other words, the yucky stuff); I literally lived in Ensures and Beef Broth for 8+ Months, maybe a year! Still, 12 years later, have to eat Soft Foods) If I can do it, so can you!
If you need to talk, PM me

Last edited:

NewHobby

Richard, good luck with the recovery! We just talked by phone about an order. I am a colon cancer survivor myself (4 years ago resection and Chemo) the Chemo is the hardest part!
After that stay vigilent and do quarterly bloodwork and CT Scans.
Regards and thanks Ben

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter