Congrats Lage MFG!

booger hooker

Was not sure if I ever was put on the list but I just checked back in my e-mails and I’m #97, I got on the list back in 2018. Also looked back and I received my MAX-11A1 MK I upper in 2010 & my MAX-31A upper in 2011, doesn’t seem like it’s been that long ago.

Back in 2010 I was #6 on the list for the .22lr upper for the Mac-11A1, but that didn’t make it to production. Same e-mail from Richard stated that he made a note that I wanted one of the pistol uppers but that there was still much more development needed. Watching that video he posted of the pistol upper being shot was a real eye opener for sure!

techspy

Richard, Any chance we could get the upper less bolt/barrel to mitigate the wait on those parts? I assume you would want to verify proper operation and not do that but what if you tested, removed the bolt/barrel?

MACchat

Same e-mail from Richard stated that he made a note that I wanted one of the pistol uppers but that there was still much more development needed. Watching that video he posted of the pistol upper being shot was a real eye opener for sure!

There was never an upper I wanted more.

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
Richard, Any chance we could get the upper less bolt/barrel to mitigate the wait on those parts? I assume you would want to verify proper operation and not do that but what if you tested, removed the bolt/barrel?

We use a specific bolt and barrel to insure reliable operation. Changing either may affect performance, so we will not be providing them without.

Galil#1

Say, Richard The Great - Does your MAX-10/15 bolt have BHO Bolt Hold Open capability, on last round fired? Also, what is the range of the Rate of Fire/Rounds per Minute? Sorry in advance if these questions are so basic / have answers somewhere else perhaps? BTW Thank you very much for your incredible products!

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
It comes down to the warranty. When you receive our upper receiver, it has been test fired and guaranteed to work. If you start changing components and it doesn’t work or you are unhappy with the performance, that is not a warranty issue. We will still do our best to help you.

The bolt carrier for the Internal Recoil Mechanism (IRM) version of the MAX-11A1/15 and MAX-10/15 is our own design. It will accept any standard AR-15 bolt. Like the MAX-11/15, they will accept any standard AR-15 barrel and barrel nut. AR-15 handguards also fit, but they cannot feature anti-rotation tabs.

Performance spec’s for both uppers are close to the MAX-11/15. Selection of ammo and gas setting has the greatest impact on performance.

Deerhurst

Sweet! That is basically my best hope! I solemnly promise I will have a pile of barrels and bolts in various calibers to swap out once I receive mine!

Roklok

"Back in 2010 I was #6 on the list for the .22lr upper for the Mac-11A1, but that didn’t make it to production. Same e-mail from Richard stated that he made a note that I wanted one of the pistol uppers but that there was still much more development needed. Watching that video he posted of the pistol upper being shot was a real eye opener for sure!"

What is this Lage pistol upper you speak of ? Video still out there ?

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Prices on MACs have been going up for at least the past 20 years. Ruben just leads the pack in pricing (but he's great to deal with, has mostly top notch merchandise, and if you don't buy from him you will soon pay the same price from others if you wait - just ask my friend).

That said, Lage accessories have absolutely been responsible for MAC prices going up more than other low end guns such as Reising M50s. With the M10 and M11 5.56 uppers you will definitely see a jump in those two models very soon. So get yours while you can!

Just think what a belt fed upper would do for MAC prices.

SecondAmend

Ruben is selling PS M10/45's for 10k now. Is this because the new uppers have been approved or just his normal pricing?
That looks like a typical Ruben price to me. Keep in mind, even prior to the recent BATFE approval of the respective rifle caliber upper, an M11-380 sold on GB for over $14K (somewhat dispelling the belief that there is a so-called "Lage Effect" that elevates Ingram submachine gun pricing):
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/918315948

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

Grant435

Ruben is selling PS M10/45's for 10k now. Is this because the new uppers have been approved or just his normal pricing?
I’d bet he raised prices because everything is getting more expensive. Just pricing accordingly to keep up with the times. You can buy them cheaper other places but transactions with him are safer than sending a stranger on the internet thousands of dollars.

Deerhurst

Ruben is known for being expensive. Probably the most expensive big name in MGs.

Kramer

Just for comparison... in May 2019 I bought from Reuben an early PS MAC 10 45 for 7800.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter