Congrats Lage MFG!

LawBob

Also, any plans to offer a .300BO version of the upper? Would that require separate approval? Would a user be able to swap the barrel and convert? Would this void the warranty if possible?

Technically all you have to do is change the barrel.

You really wanna shoot $1.20 at full auto?

beltfed

UZI Talk Supporter
Can the IRM version work with a 7.62×39 bolt and barrel.
Would gass setting be sufficient or would spring and buffer need replaced.
I'm almost positive I'll go with the IRM.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
There have been many discussions about the IRM vs AR (SABRE) style recoil. Search will do you well.

Summary: If you want to tinker with rate of fire or alternate calibers the AR style is much more tunable, and if you just want to shoot 5.56 or don't want to tinker IRM.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member

I want a 300 BO for mine too. I hope to get a quick change barrel system. I reload so 300 BO is easier and cheaper to shoot than .223. I shoot 300 BO for 16 cents a round.

Tinman45

I want a 300 BO for mine too. I hope to get a quick change barrel system. I reload so 300 BO is easier and cheaper to shoot than .223. I shoot 300 BO for 16 cents a round.

This was my thinking. I have a space set aside for a reloading room, just need to get it insulated, already have press, lots of dies, etc. Plus, if it’s just a matter of a spare barrel, I’d like to at least have the option, even if I don’t use it much.

Galil#1

Nice, especially if it's all that simple... ? Magwell that takes standard AK mags/drums, in 7.62X39 ? IF some folks do this/can really do this, would like to get that mod done too. I'm sure you can kiss the Lage warranty goodbye tho.

Deerhurst

Use 7.62x39 AR mags. They work. I promise you they do. Been using them for years in ARs.

Galil#1

O Fudge... don't own any of those. Do have about 30 high quality steel, circle 10, and bakelites.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Use 7.62x39 AR mags. They work. I promise you they do. Been using them for years in ARs.

These are the ones to get. Cpd / cproducts / Duramag. I did a review on em.
https://youtu.be/71RMbh8ChGw

You'll probably want the 30s for range fun, but they make 28s that supposedly fit in ar-15 mag pouches. I wouldn't pole vault over this one, these mags at least in semi are reliable and they aren't expensive. Like $20 at aimsurplus

Deerhurst

These are the ones to get. Cpd / cproducts / Duramag. I did a review on em.
https://youtu.be/71RMbh8ChGw

You'll probably want the 30s for range fun, but they make 28s that supposedly fit in ar-15 mag pouches. I wouldn't pole vault over this one, these mags at least in semi are reliable and they aren't expensive. Like $20 at aimsurplus

I run ASC. 10s, 20s, 30s. Prefer the 20s for size. Mine have been 100%. I've run a few hard core classes in the rain and mud and sand wind with them without a hiccup.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
My Congrats to the Lages are late but sincere just the same. I got put on the waiting list for one of each.
No mac Collection can be without these!!

techspy

Hmm, now trying to decide on the IRM or AR recoil. I REALLY want to be able to shoot 7.62x39 and don't care if I have to drill for the AR system but hate having to use an AR buffer/stock. Would rather use my ACR stock. Prob go with the IRM and spend countless fun hours experimenting with different springs and a 7.62 bolt carrier.

pawala4962

I put a 16" 300BO barrel on my 11/15. It was not all that hard to do. Got the OK from the game warden to use it on pigs in Texas. Used it with handloads to take a pig with it a week ago.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter