Dig out that old Fleming upper and sell it

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
One just went for over $4000 on GB today. Yes, $4258 for an M10 Fleming upper with one magazine. Shipping is extra. Plus sales tax. Wow.

GB #931776422

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I can NOT believe someone paid that much for that thing. What is the world coming 2. At this rate, I won’t be able to afford the next 22 kit that comes to market (that’s if one ever comes back).

I really need to pick back up the 3D printed 10/22 M11 upper that I was working on. With this current market, I should be able to sell it for 5k, easy.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Nope not selling.

I haven't shot the little mac attack in a few years.
It's fun when I do and one of the few I've seen that runs.

Besides I've been collecting spare parts when ever i find them to make sure it keeps me & others smiling.

rsideout

UZI Talk Life Member
There is now another one listed. Item number 932188854. Currently at $1,038.

I have one for the M11a1. I haven't played with it in years since I picked up full auto 10/22. I may throw it on GB and see what happens.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
So say you part with your little flemming upper and say you get 7k for it with spare parts, proof of life vid & 500 rounds no stoppages.

What is the next price range on a transferable 22 that runs reliably?

My point being sell it and now you are out a FA 22.
Then you ave to add more money to the pile, more paper work and a wait.
Just to hope you get something that runs out of the box when you take possession of it.

Then there is the issue of buying mags & spare parts.

Its why for what i paid and even the promise of 4+ k for it it's not worth it to me to sell.

Now if you want a flemmimg upper you need to ask is the risk worth a stupid price for something that has a reputation not to run more then run?

ETA:
Looks like the one up now is from gunbusters
They doe LEO destroyed parts kits
Sad they destroyed a M10 but cool they saved the upper

Last edited:

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve got a cut down lage kit for my m11a1 (.380 baby Mac) It runs pretty good, after I sent it off to Lage to have it tuned. I am considering selling it, as I haven’t used it in about a year. The .22 stuff is so ammo sensitive and the hotter .22 ammo is pretty scarce and expensive when I find it. I have a lage 5.56 upper coming, and since I already have an extra cmmg .22 kit, I plan to play around and see if I can get that running. My 2 cents: If you like to tinker, .22lr is great, if not, save your time and money.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
My M11/9 Fleming runs great since I found out the right magazine to use, with the help of you nice and informative people, but my Lage also runs great so I tend to use that.

I agree with you Root that the price of re-entry is too high to sell it if you ever want to use it in the future. But if you have one sitting around unloved, it looks like prices are going stupid and that's usually a great time to sell things. And to Offmarksman's point, 22LR is only worth it if the price of ammo is much less than the next alternative which right now it really isn't. But things are in such a state of chaos for ammo prices that the situation is bound to change over the next year or three and then a 22LR upper might be the best thing in the world or it might be a cool paperweight again.

yticllik

i’ve got one too for my m11/9. i’ve found that if i put some pressure into the mag (pushing it into the magwell) it seems to shoot ok, although i had a runaway the other day. i need to take a better look at the bolt carrier.

Hard to believe people are paying this much for what i’d consider “hot garbage”. Not complaining!

cjsoccer3

Looks like a couple folks just put fresh M10 22lr kits up for $3k-$4k. Everyone trying to be enterprising after seeing on auction.

Arnt these things selling (over the past couple years) for $200-$400?

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
5-7 is realisitic.....did it. Last year..lucked into them.

In addition ...Not sure how many of the 3 (?) were made?

M11/9.....maybe the most...no clue WAG
M-10..I'm guessing second ...could be the leader.
Baby mac....Not sure they exist...would be #3

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Looks like a couple folks just put fresh M10 22lr kits up for $3k-$4k. Everyone trying to be enterprising after seeing on auction.

Arnt these things selling (over the past couple years) for $200-$400?

Paid around 600 for mine from a board member in 2011 or 12 with the promise it ran,that was no mags but spare parts.

Mine loves the butter creek steel lips that used to be 15.00 each in the plastic bag.

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
There is now another one listed. Item number 932188854. Currently at $1,038.

I have one for the M11a1. I haven't played with it in years since I picked up full auto 10/22. I may throw it on GB and see what happens.

I'm in the same boat. I have one for my M11A1 but I never use it as my UZI kit works perfectly. the M11A1 kit was always hit or miss at best. I'll eventually throw mine on her for someone who wants to tinker.

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm in the same boat. I have one for my M11A1 but I never use it as my UZI kit works perfectly. the M11A1 kit was always hit or miss at best. I'll eventually throw mine on her for someone who wants to tinker.

Hello, it’s someone who wants to tinker :)

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
A Fleming M11(/9)-22 just sold on GB for $1525 plus-plus. That's a big range in price for essentially the same thing.

GB#932188854

SecondAmend

A Fleming M11(/9)-22 just sold on GB for $1525 plus-plus. That's a big range in price for essentially the same thing.

GB#932188854

No, a Fleming Ruger 10/22 mag pattern conversion for an Ingram pattern firearm is not really at all the same as a dedicated Ingram pattern mag .22 conversions such as were made by Van Voorhees and Lage. The 10/22 mag conversion is much more valuable. Using either Ruger 10/22 or, alternatively, AR-15 magwell .22 magazines is a big plus to those who are already invested in such platforms; and the variety of and sources and relatively low prices for such magazines abounds even for those who aren't yet invested.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well. 2A

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
No, a Fleming Ruger 10/22 mag pattern conversion for an Ingram pattern firearm is not really at all the same as a dedicated Ingram pattern mag .22 conversions such as were made by Van Voorhees and Lage.

I was referencing the first post about a Fleming for an M10 selling for over $4200. This second one is for an M11/9 for $1500. Big difference in prices for two different Flemings. I don't think that the M10 vs M11/9 made that much difference in price, more just who showed up for the auction and how much they wanted it and the thickness of their wallet.

Kramer

Paid around 600 for mine from a board member in 2011 or 12 with the promise it ran,that was no mags but spare parts.

Mine loves the butter creek steel lips that used to be 15.00 each in the plastic bag.

That is a slick conversion since it uses 10-22 mags. It rips too!

SecondAmend

I was referencing the first post about a Fleming for an M10 selling for over $4200. This second one is for an M11/9 for $1500. Big difference in prices for two different Flemings. I don't think that the M10 vs M11/9 made that much difference in price, more just who showed up for the auction and how much they wanted it and the thickness of their wallet.
Agreed.
I wonder if any or some are buying the Fleming conversion to reverse engineer, and produce and sell them. Even at $4200, a lot of R & D time and money could be saved; and an existing sample might potentially be worth the big bucks.

Sebastian

I really wanted to one of these but since I got my lage 22 kit working I don’t have any interest.
After watching concordes video they look really awkward compared to lages 22 kit.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter