End of an era or dry spell?

RWBlue01

End of an era....

Have we reached the end of an era?

I bought some parts kits and I haven't got around to buying everything needed to put them together. When I looked to buy some components, I find that barrels and....are no where to be found.

Do you think we are in a dry spell OR are the manufacturers stopping?

APEXgunparts

APEX Gun Parts will have some US made "build" components, but my source stopped producing them when the last of the kits were imported.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/machine-guns/sub-machine-guns/uzi.html?product_list_limit=all

We have a decent supply of some original parts still available because we bought a lot years ago.
There are still small batches of guns to be made into kits being tendered in Israel, but its all ex L-E guns, the military destroyed the last stockpile that was warehoused.

Richard

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
I will get back to producing Uzi parts in the future. I am just trying to deal with my Stage 4 Colin cancer and the recent death of my wife. I am having a rough time both physically and mentally right now.

ferndog1

UZI Talk Supporter
I have been interested in military guns and surplus for MANY years. Over the years I have seen a lot of different items that were once available everywhere and relatively cheap, a few years later hard to find and expensive.

It appears as though UZI mags and parts are going the same way.

A FEW of the things that I remember that were plentiful and now hard to find (in nice or new condition): Thompson SMG mags and parts, VZ52 roller lock pistols, Chinese AKs ($297.00 new in 1985) Chinese 7.62x25 NON corrosive ammo, Brazilian contract S&W 1917 revolvers, East German Makarov pistols (like new)

The prices you balk at this year, you will be happy to pay next year. Get it or regret it.

Remo Williams 1

Even worse are mini Uzi parts. Factory or 3 lug barrels recently sold for over $2000 on GB. Recoil assemblies are impossible to find for the full auto mini.

RWBlue01

I have been interested in military guns and surplus for MANY years. Over the years I have seen a lot of different items that were once available everywhere and relatively cheap, a few years later hard to find and expensive.

It appears as though UZI mags and parts are going the same way.

A FEW of the things that I remember that were plentiful and now hard to find (in nice or new condition): Thompson SMG mags and parts, VZ52 roller lock pistols, Chinese AKs ($297.00 new in 1985) Chinese 7.62x25 NON corrosive ammo, Brazilian contract S&W 1917 revolvers, East German Makarov pistols (like new)

The prices you balk at this year, you will be happy to pay next year. Get it or regret it.

I have seen both. Don't ask me what I paid for my first AR. I bought at the wrong time. Then I saw the prices climb. I should have sold. Then they came down. I bought several receivers. Since then the AR market has changed. I should have waited.

For UZI, if you want a parts kit, get it now. There is at least one company with them. There is not going to be more.
For the barrels...I see no reason why GM isn't going to make MORE. There may be slumps, but for them it is just another run of barrels every year, then every couple years.
I was more concerned about the makers of the NEW USA parts. I don't have a mill at this point.

And of course, there are a few items which are not out there right now.
And of course, The UZI doesn't have good rail. MLOK would be great.
And who would have expected a binary trigger 10 years ago....when the next thing comes out...

This being said, I bought some UZI parts today. More than I should have...

Last edited:

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
These are the good old days.

But now and then....a whole huge new batch of once unobtainable parts show up.

Case in point....Izzy Bi-pods for the 1919a4.....dried up 10 yrs ago.
Lots back in stock at 1/3rd of what the market was then...
When you see something you want/need....better get it or its a gamble if it will ever show up again.

tonelar

I will get back to producing Uzi parts in the future. I am just trying to deal with my Stage 4 Colin cancer and the recent death of my wife. I am having a rough time both physically and mentally right now.

I got some much needed parts from you earlier this year, Richard. Keep the faith, sir.

Back to the topic. The market will always fluctuate. Might be a dry spell from time to time… but if you keep on the look out, you should find what you need.

Last edited:

Funker

UZI Talk Supporter

Richard,
I am so sorry for your loss , You have my heart felt condolences.
You are in our thoughts with your fight with C.

Semper Fi
Phil

eMGunslinger

I know there are still plenty of guns out there. Last stockpile manifest I was looking at they had close to 20k of them, but price per unit was unrealistic after I factored in shipping and demil.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
It comes and goes.

It's called surplus for a reason.
UZI kits are now around 450 and up.

When they came with barrels they were 295.

Cheapest I ever saw them was 149 shipped from Numrich
Best kits I ever saw were the ones Coles got & the batfe recalled and collected.

Best keepable kits I saw sold to the public where the APEX kits around 2018 with some super long receiver pieces for 179+ shipping.
If you had a membership to a certain site you could use it on kit purchases only and it came out to free shipping.

The good ole days have come and gone for surplus.

I consider some of the RTG sales and LAGE Mfg. To be the current or best of the modern time to buy stuff.
RTG is still giving mags away for 5 to 12 bux and Lage has modernized a gun that was laughable just 10 to 15 years ago.
As Ferndog said get it or regret it. Buy once cry once.

Another good thing to do is if you buy a kit.
Get everything you need to build it into a working semi or a post sample.
IE: flats, mags, barrels.

Great example where those ar70/90 kits.

They popped up at 269 a kit winter of 2020
SERBU firearms made barrels with a forum discount ( same forum mentioned earlier) 259 before discount.
Another guy made flats 60 bux complete.

Same kit sells for 1200 and now and no one is making barrels or flats.
So unless you get lucky and pay up all you are getting is a 1200 parts kit that really doesn't do anything unless you got your own machines and prints.

Once the kits dry up its not long before guys making parts just stop due to lack of sales.
Guys buy what they need then when the kits are in surplus stock.
Once the kits dwindle down in stock there is no market for the parts to complete them.

Aug 24th is gonna dry the market up further.
already two known vendors are sropping the sales of all flats.

Exit due to my cones spell wrecker

^^^SEE spell wrecker ^^^^^ :)

Last edited:

pmf

People have been saying that for years and there seems to always be more

No there doesn't.

I've been buying surplus stuff since the 1990's. Lately. I've been unloading a lot of it. Stuff comes and goes, but always seem to come in a tidal wave and then slowly ebb away. I'm thinking FAL kits and then AK-47 kits. $100 a piece -- and that was with a barrel. Uzi parts kits for $100. Nice ones. All the world war two rifles and pistols that went for under $100. And surplus ammunition. Who ever thought that would dry up. 308 for $.14/round delivered in cans and sealed battle packs. All that Russian and eastern European ammo at like five cents a round. The last cheap surplus I bought was cans of 7.62x25 -- 1224 rounds for $75 -- buy five and they delivered it free. And that was at least 10 years ago. Having two Tok pistols, I of course bought 5. I'm still working my way through the Romanian case I bought earlier.

The government here and abroad keep on grinding their feet on surplus guns and ammo. No doubt under UN pressure. I'm sorry, but from my perspective, to good ole days are long gone.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
It comes and goes.

It's called surplus for a reason.
UZI kits are now around 450 and up.

When they came with barrels they were 295.

Cheapest I ever saw them was 149 shipped from Numrich
Best kits I ever saw were the ones Coles got & the batfe recalled and collected.

Best keepable kits I saw sold to the public where the APEX kits around 2018 with some super long receiver pieces for 179+ shipping.
If you had a membership to a certain site you could use it on kit purchases only and it came out to free shipping.

The good ole days have come and gone for surplus.

I consider some of the RTG sales and LAGE Mfg. To be the current or best of the modern time to buy stuff.
RTG is still giving mags away for 5 to 12 bux and Lage has modernized a gun that was laughable just 10 to 15 years ago.
As Ferndog said get it or regret it. Buy once cry once.

Another good thing to do is if you buy a kit.
Get everything you need to build it into a working semi or a post sample.
IE: flats, mags, barrels.

Great example where those ar70/90 kits.

They popped up at 269 a kit winter of 2020
SERBU firearms made barrels with a forum discount ( same forum mentioned earlier) 259 before discount.
Another guy made flats 60 bux complete.

Same kit sells for 1200 and now and no one is making barrels or flats.
So unless you get lucky and pay up all you are getting is a 1200 parts kit that really doesn't do anything unless you got your own machines and prints.

Once the kits dry up its not long before guys making parts just stop due to lack of sales.
Guys buy what they need then when the kits are in surplus stock.
Once the kits dwindle down in stock there is no market for the parts to complete them.

Aug 24th is gonna dry the market up further.
already two known vendors are sropping the sales of all flats.

Exit due to my cones spell wrecker

Aug 24?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter