Gave up on Calico

okent

Am I the last rat to leave the sinking ship?
And who is John from WGA?

No disrespect to anyone by these comments.

Almost without exception my class III stuff has never been on time.
I am in no way sticking up for Calico.
They have been so far overdue it is past laughable and communication has been zero.
I still feel like they will turn out some uppers at some point, no matter how ugly.

gt3499a

I know they were using the high ROF 22lr problem for an excuse on those uppers , but has anyone heard why they are not sending the 9mm ones out?

If faced with the possibility of not getting the 22lr, I may be willing to swap my order over to the 9mm.

maybe too optimistic?

WillysWagon

The reason I'm asking for a refund is not because they are delayed in producing the upper, it's because I'm not able to get hold of them. If you tell me you're still working on it, it'll be a few more months, I'm good-to-go, just keep me informed. However, you don't return phone calls, e-mails and don't post updates (on your own web site no less), I'll have to pass. Sending out the purchased mags as a good faith jesture (of your willingness to complete the project) would have been a good idea. The money spent in postage would be nothing compared to the respect earned.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
WillysWagon said:
Sending out the purchased mags as a good faith jesture (of your willingness to complete the project) would have been a good idea.
Are you saying all the "buy three, get one free" magazine purchasers never received the mags they pre-paid for? Was this on the .22 drums as well as the 9mm drums?

I'm curious... :thinking

gt3499a

Vegas SMG said:
Are you saying all the "buy three, get one free" magazine purchasers never received the mags they pre-paid for? Was this on the .22 drums as well as the 9mm drums?

right, they are supposed to ship with the upper as well as the additional mag they promised us for being so over on the estimate. That makes 5 mags that they owe most of us that I bet that they have in stock.

Maybe NEFOZ had them send his early? I built a suppressed pistol version in 22lr, just to get used to the system but it stays in the safe mostly and the f/a 22's go to the range.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/3475191507_009-.jpg

Attachments

• 3475191507_009-.jpg
    3475191507_009-.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 616

okent

Yep, no mags yet.
I ordered both the 9mm and .22 uppers.
The last time I had talked to Chris(?) at Calico they had the 9mm uppers in and were welding them up. That was about 6 weeks ago.
Who knows.

gt3499a: nice rig. I have the same basic setup. Hard to beat 100 rounds on tap, if it will ever get here.

WillysWagon

Vegas SMG said:

Yes, they were going to ship them with the upper as the above post stated.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Thanks. I incorrectly assumed everyone already had their extra mags.

So in actuality, there was no free mag deal if they were never shipped....
That's really messed up!
:abused

FOZ

UZI Talk Supporter
gt3499a said:
Maybe NEFOZ had them send his early? I built a suppressed pistol version in 22lr, just to get used to the system but it stays in the safe mostly and the f/a 22's go to the range.

I did talk calico into shipping my mags. I also picked up a 22 calico pistol. I did this so that when the uppers came out i could compare the pistol to the upper when problems came up. my pistol was stolen about 3 months ago. calico agreed to sell me one of there beater shop guns about 6 weeks ago. I have not gotten a response to any of my calls after that.

who was the last one to hear from them and when?

NEFOZ

WillysWagon

NEFOZ said:

NEFOZ

I last talked to Chris in early May, no contact since then. I didn't write the date down.

Mike85220

I will say this, I am upset too.
I ordered parts for my Liberty III and got a set of parts that look nowhere close to the parts in my gun.

I have completely disassembled my lower 3 times before to do a trigger job as these things stock have one of the worst trigger pulls.
So basically, I know every part in the trigger assembly.

I got all "old style" parts, and "old style" to me is the 900 series.
I SPECIFICALLY said Liberty III.

So now I have 3 parts and am no closer to having my Calico back up and running. I only need 1 part, the other 2 were for spares.

I keep playing phone tag and was told to take pics of the parts.
I HAVE NO CAMERA nor an e-mail to send said pics to him.

Why can't I just send them back and I get my parts?

I was left a message of lets do it this way so we don't keep sending parts back and forth but the truth is, if they just listened in the first place, I wouldn't have to.

The lower only has two springs, one for tension of the trigger and another for the semi actuator bar. The tiny spring for the actuator flew out and is lost in my carpet in the living room. I need that part ASAP, and here I am with no message of how to label these for return.

I am just sending them back and including a letter. If I don't see the parts I ordered and paid for, I will be talking to the BBB too.

How hard is it to send Liberty III parts and not 900 series parts?

J

NEFOZ said:

NEFOZ

I spoke to Chris the end of last month and again beginning of this month.

I had an M950 pistol that needed repairs.

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2007/04/23/demonstration-of-why-you-should-wear-safety-glasses-while-shooting/

I called and left a message asking about repairs. Chris called me back the next day. I mailed them the gun, and a couple days after it arrived Chris called me back and told me how much the repair would cost. I told him to go ahead and the repaired gun, along with some buffers I ordered, showed up at my house a few days later. Turn around time for the repair was less than a week.

So the company seems to be at least somewhat alive.

While looking at the Calico web page to get their phone number I noticed the mac conversion, so I asked Chris about them. He said the 9mm uppers should start shipping in a couple of weeks. That they were just waiting for a couple of parts to come in. They were having trouble with the firing rate on the .22 uppers, and so had no ETA on those.

So I ordered a 9mm upper. Then I found this message board. Ooops!

I have up to six months to dispute a charge with my credit card company, so I figure I'll wait a couple months to see what happens, and then start complaining.

Meanwhile I placed an order with Lage for a Max-11. Even with his current 5 month lead time, I guess I know which one I can expect to get first. :)

FOZ

UZI Talk Supporter
Energizer said:
how? what happened? they get the suppressor too?

I did not have a can on mine. I had the gun in my trucks tool box. they took the whole tool box. I lost a tool kit and a few packing blankets to. I know I should have not left the gun in there. but I was planning on going shooting shooting when time would allow.

NEFOZ

Last edited:

FOZ

UZI Talk Supporter
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter