Got a new toy so psyched!!!!!!

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Guys,

What do you think about my newest acquisition? I don't own a 9mm handgun as I am a .45 guy, but figured I needed to diversify. This baby has the raised suppressor night sights and a threaded barrel for that suppressor I don't own yet. I am picking it up this weekend and am super excited as I have not added a toy to the collection in too long. I think I got a kick ass price and am a happy camper.

Does anyone know where to get the best price on 20 round 9mm P226 mags?

Attachments

• P226-1.jpg
    P226-1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

944turbo

UZI Talk Supporter
Try CDNN for the 20 round mags. $39.99 I think the last time I bought some.

K.O.A.M.

UZI Talk Supporter
Top Gun Supply has 18 round flush fitting Mec Gars that work great. They've got the 20's on back order. I use Mec Gars interchangeably with my Sig Factory magazines with no problems.

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks for the advise and kind words guys. I was wondering about those Mec Gars as a possible alternative to the factory 20 rounders.

captshiess

UZI Talk Supporter
BeachinBeemer said:
Chances are that mec gar makes the mags for sig, they do for many other companies also...Beemer:biker

I was actually just going to say that, but you beat me to it. All of my factory Sig mags say "mecgar" on the side. You should be good to go. Mecgar makes a hell of a nice mag!

*By the way... that is one hell of a gun! I really wanted exactly what you have to complement my P226 in .40, but my funds were sparse and I ended up with a Beretta M9 as my high capacity 9mm pistol. I will get one of those some day though. Where did you get it?

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
captsheiss,

I got this from my dealer in the Keys he always works with me on price. Most of the dealers in the Miami/Ft. Laud./Palm Beach area are way out of my price range. I think you can try bigskyguns in Montana I noticed they were accepting orders for it.

captshiess

UZI Talk Supporter
Sayeret Shaldag said:
captsheiss,

I got this from my dealer in the Keys he always works with me on price. Most of the dealers in the Miami/Ft. Laud./Palm Beach area are way out of my price range. I think you can try bigskyguns in Montana I noticed they were accepting orders for it.

Thanks for the heads up! That's a great looking gun! The other one I was looking at was the blackwater edition. It came with some nice grips, threaded barrel and 5 mags. It was a shy under 1k which I thought was too far out of my budget right now. I do love the tan one though!

Goat

UZI Talk Supporter
I have never met a Sig that failed to deliver...

Those two mutants that have that Firepower TV did a pretty good torture test on 5 Sigs a while back. All guns still worked but didn't look to pretty... But they were run over and over, hit with bats, drug for miles, dropped 50 feet, set on fire and one was blown up with 1/2 lbs of tannerite. Good times.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Nice....but I thought you told me you were working on getting a 9mm SMG?:)

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Amph,

sofltodd keeps telling me the same thing. I am still trying to gather the funds for a 9mm SMG, but alas I keep getting distracted.:D

Thanks all for the kind words. I hope to add a 9mm can sometime soon, but I fear that will also eat into my SMG funds.

rocko

Are you sure it has the raised sights? If that's the actual pic of the model you are getting, they look to be the standard height. I believe the only models they offer with the raised sights are the P220 Combat TB, and the P226 Tacticals don't have them. At least they didn't when I got mine ~18 months ago.

Here's the 220 with the raised sights - you can see it is very noticable:

220JCPTB_left_10rd.jpg

944turbo

UZI Talk Supporter
Mec-Gar does indeed make the magazines for the new SIGs, although they aren't marked Mec-Gar. Only SIG has 20's, Mec-Gars are 18's. I think they have an agreement not to compete directly. I noticed Mec-Gar no longer sells 220 mags.

I like the SIG 20's better then the plastic bottomed SCT 20's and Mec-Gar 18 rounders because they have proven more durable for me. I have had the plastic base plates on magazines crack and dump the contents. The SIG 20's, although they stick out from the gun, are more reliable being all steel. I've used them for over 15 years in 226s, 228s and 229s and never had a problem. The 9mm 20s even worked in my 357 SIG 226!

I think they will soon be discontinued in favor of the SCT version, or so I heard.

The X5 mags have a nice aluminum base plate and hold 19 rounds but cost $$$$.

Congrats on your new toy. :thumbs_up

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter