How do I remove this grip?

Pharmerjohnson

I recently purchased a M11/9. It has a grip attached to the barrel. On the 3-lug I believe. I was able to remove the top plate and pin, but not the rest. I tried to remove the plastic grip, but was not able. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Any advice.

grip small 3.jpg
grip small 2.jpg

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
It looks like it is held on by barrel threads,try to twist it off.

Last edited:

Pharmerjohnson

It looks like it is held on by barrel threads,try to twist it off.

I was told the barrel has 3-lug. The part below the plastic grip is lesser against the wrench flats on the barrel. It doesn't compress and turn like a 3-lug mount.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
F me..I forget the name of those...Tom knew.

I gutted one once..Look for a hidden set screw and some snap ring bs somewhere.

As simple as they look ..there was a trick to getting it gone.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
They just unscrew. The screw up top is to index the grip. Take the snap ring off and remove the pin, take out the screw on the top and the plastic piece will come off

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
I had one I had to completely butcher to remove. Installed with copious rocksett or similar, and torqued to the point the threads and shoulder were deformed. That barrel become a throw away. I used all the tools of persuasion first I promise!

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I had one I had to completely butcher to remove. Installed with copious rocksett or similar, and torqued to the point the threads and shoulder were deformed. That barrel become a throw away. I used all the tools of persuasion first I promise!

Who does this crap

10mmlover

Who does this crap

As someone who has spent a lot of time modifying my guns, I've also spent a good amount of time saying that I was never going to sell any particular one. That ends up justifying putting something on there "permanently" or fit of rage style trying to remove something. I have a saiga 12 sbs that allegedly has a Galil style charging handle JB welded onto the bold handle.

Pharmerjohnson

For those who are interested in removing a muzzle device attached using Rockett, put the barrel in the freezer. The Rocsett will break free very easily.

Scott

Good tip. I think you can boil it for a few minutes too. In this case freezing would probably be better.

woodenword

UZI Talk Supporter
I’ve got one on my .22 upper, but I don’t remember how it’s installed!
1-B837-DA3-C109-4-E2-F-8-E71-AFCBF3966-CCF.jpg

Pharmerjohnson

Mine is on Lage M11 MkII upper. I want to remove it, and add a grip to the bottom uppers bottom rail. Putting it on an original style upper seems more useful.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
TBH I personally consider anything that attaches using the OEM threads to be... Let's say a historical artifact, that i would be happy to pass onto a collector. There are enough ways to shoot your hand or foot with a machine pistol so I just stick with modern thread pitches.

I can see what you're saying now about why someone would put it in with rocksett though.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
There's really nothing else you can do. I know when Ive listened to my heart before, it has cried out for Lage Mfg accessories.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter