Insane price for M10/9...

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
I do not know the buyer or seller, but this could just be an old fashioned money laundering scheme. Seller has a large pile of money from a less than legitimate source. He then lists a gun on GB and his business associate bids it up to an insane price. He can now put the money in the bank, and report it as legitimate income. He could even buy the gun back at FMV and relist it and do it again. Most of us would assume the first bidder defaulted and would not be surprised it was relisted. Since it is going through GB, the IRS would consider it an arms length transaction and not take a second look.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
The saddest part is that contrary to GBs hype, they really don't give a shit about shilling and most fraudulent listings. I documented several cases and forwarded the results to them several times and they did nothing. Even a couple that the "seller"was gaming THEM.
I plan on telling them in person next year at SHOT. something tells me I'm wasting my time....WAY too much $$$ involved.
This particular auction shows that GB is a clown show out of control. I'm saving it for when I visit with their reps.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve seen some obvious scam auctions and brought to their attention and I got some boilerplate generic email back. None of the scam auctions were ever taken down.

Definitely buyer beware on that site.

Shattered

I’ve got a 3 digit Mac 10-9mm...Should drop it if it’ll get massive quantities of Quatloos...

Member13

For the record, Gunbroker never even replied about the shill bidding report.

I reported once and here is their response in italics....along with my original report to them. Basically the seller had his wife register an account and he uses it to bid up his own items. He lists a lot of MAC items so hits home here.

GunBroker.com Support (GunBroker)

Jan 6, 2022, 5:00 PM EST

Many large sellers will have more than one item and will relist an item to create a new listing for the additional item. We have investigated and show no unusual connection between buyer and seller.
Thank you for using GunBroker.com.

Original Reported
Dec 28, 2021, 12:04 AM EST

I usually don't say anything about what other people do on the auction site but this one is crap because he is bidding up his own items and I only noticed it when I checked to see how high the bid is today.

I have sold many times to the user XXXXXXX. Item linked below, but if you look at his bidders, the user XXXXXX is also him. It is just registered under the name of XXXXX. See the below email from when I blocked XXXXXXXXX (under his old username) and he has another account and won the item and then asked me to send it to the address registered to the XXXXXXXX. His real name is XXXXXXX

now he is doing the same thing with this itemhttps://www.gunbroker.com/item/919

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
All I have to say is this. Texas gun trader is a revelation for Texans. I miss Armslist a lot

plodder

UZI Talk Supporter
Armslist in Denver was GREAT for many, many years. Found more than 1 awesome deal there. Miss it greatly.

I used Armslist to buy my M11/9 sight unseen from 1500 miles away. I did a lot of due diligence and cyber-stalking of the seller before I sent any money but I ended up getting a great deal. I guess I was just one of the lucky few.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter