Make an Uzi travel case

davep32618

UZI Talk Supporter
All,

I would like to take my Uzi to various locations, legally allowed by law. I would like to take some type of aluminum airline approved travel case and place foam cut outs in it for the Uzi and accessories, including ~20 mags. Is there an easy way to do this that looks professional? Does anyone know what type of foam to use? Any hints, comments, etc... are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

davep32618

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks, question answered, I did not realize these cases come with pick and pluck foam. The old cases I had had a "hard foam" that you would have to cut out. This looks much easier and worth the investment.

Thanks,

Dave

SecondAmend

Davep,

You did not indicate whether your Uzi is a semi with a 16/18" bbl or a SBR/fullauto with a 10" bbl. If it the latter, one of the "six pistol" sized aluminum cases sold by Sportsmans Guide and others works just fine for my uses.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Garrett

davep32618 said:
Thanks, question answered, I did not realize these cases come with pick and pluck foam. The old cases I had had a "hard foam" that you would have to cut out.
Yeah - but the cut out hard foam looks nicer if it's done right than the "plick 'n pluck" stuff.

Here's a Pelican case for my Uzi. You can stack a number of mags on the bottom under the foam. The only problem with this case is that you have to either use a shortened barrel, or remove the barrel for transport. I wish they made a case that was an inch or two longer.

DSC07198.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter