Max-10/15s getting called / we know what number we are on?

skullsoldier

Richard - you really need to adapt a .22 conversion for this since there are existing AR-pattern mags available. Seems a lightweight blowback fixed firing pin bolt would do the trick if the feed ramp architecture is there.

desperado

So has anyone tried to mount an M203 on one of these bad boys yet?
:rocket :laugh

skullsoldier

So has anyone tried a quick change barrel system? I am so tempted to put one one so I can go from 5.56 to .300 Blk. What about installing an Adams Arms piston? I think I have a kit floating around somewhere.

desperado

Got to run mine yesterday! It’s too damn hot outside to go to my personal range to I met a few friends at Texas Gun Experience to shoot in the A/C. Upper ran flawlessly! Had to pick up a red dot for it so I went with the Holosun HS503CU for now, their stock was lower than normal according to a friend that works there.

Last edited:

cjsoccer3

So has anyone tried to mount an M203 on one of these bad boys yet?
:rocket :laugh

That could hurt the M10 lower I think. It can break rails if you shoot buckshot rounds, which is why I’ve done a barrel mount m203 on my AR. Would love to see someone pull it off effectively though.

desperado

That was my concern, damaging the lower. I’ve been in the market for a 40mm and just thought of the amazing ridiculousness throwing an M203 on a MAC would be. It might be relegated for pictures just to be safe.

TENTEX

Sub 80 Serial # Delivered today.

ctj3DiZ.jpg

M10

So has anyone tried a quick change barrel system? I am so tempted to put one one so I can go from 5.56 to .300 Blk. What about installing an Adams Arms piston? I think I have a kit floating around somewhere.

It didn't work out well for the guy who tried quick change...

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...1-15-is-ready!&p=862419&viewfull=1#post862419

Also, why would you want to add a piston? The Lage system is proving reliable with DI, as shipped. Why f*%# it up?

I seem to recall a time, not too long ago, when a Mac .45 only shot .45, a mac 9 only shot 9mm, and you were a "marksman" if you could keep half a mag on the target at 20 yards.

Now we have 9mm uppers for our 380s and 45s, and friggin Open Bolt Colt LMG uppers (for all intents) to shoot 5.56

300 B.O., I can see wanting for subsonic, but all the other haberdashery?

The barrel gets toasty already with the OEM setup. The AA piston brings even MORE heat toward the hand guard/gas block area (I've shot an AA on an M4 platform - it gets HOT AF).

When is good enough "good enough?"

Last edited:

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
The Cry Havock QDB system is working very well for member evo911 and his Max-11/15. He reported a tight barrel fit with his. I had minor problems with my Max-11A1/15 and the QDB system.

It's very easy to switch barrels in the AR system. As long as it a dedicated barrel change, I would think changing calibers is fine.

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
Had my M10/15 out on Sunday, ran a coupled pmag (58 rounds) without issue, shooting some of my light loaded 55gr ammo. ROF was a direct comp to the M249 we were also shooting with a 14” barrel (non adjustable gas-fire rate). The M10/15 was a lot easier off the shoulder!

Kramer

I just gots the confirmation for mine.

205 on the original waitlist.

Deerhurst

Oh man! Getting close to where I gotta put my money where my mouth is! Hell yeah! Pretty excited!!

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
WEEEEEEEE!
Congrats all who have gotten these.

TENTEX, I like your ACR stock setup.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter