Need Help Identifying a Barrel

mos

This is a 10.2", trunion and restrictor ring-relieved barrel (fits into a SA). It does not appear to be chrome-lined. Can anyone help me identify its manufacturer based on the stampings? Click on the attached images for high-res views... there are a ton of stamps on this one.

mos

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

mos

That looks like an original IMI Barrel.
Hi Andrew!

Thanks much for the reply!

In the sprit of learning, do you mind sharing why you think that's the case?

Asking because I couldn't find any indication it might be IMI-made, and I was under the impression that they didn't make 10" barrels that were relieved to fit a SA, so I'm hoping to gain some knowledge here.

Thanks so much!!!

mos

mos

I thought the main alphanumeric string stamped on the barrel could be an IMI part number, but I couldn’t find one that matched in the “ UZI book”. Also no “number in diamond” IMI stamp that I could find. Clearly it’s been proof-tested, though. Not sure which makers did that…

mos

mos

This barrel has the same markings as mine, but it doesn’t look like it was authoritatively determined to be IMI. In fact, @amphibian commented that it appears to be similar to a South African barrel he was selling.

It’d be cool if it actually is an IMI barrel, but I still don’t get why it would have been turned down to fit a semi, unless that was done after-market and it was reparkerized.

mos

Last edited:

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
The P with a circle around it is an IMI proof mark (in front of the barrel nut flange). It was probably refinished after getting turned down.

mos

Thank you very much, @amphibian! That makes good sense. I’m grateful for the reply to such a minor question, but I’m new to UZIs.

Been shooting for 40+ years and collecting seriously for 20 (K98s, Garands, blah, blah), and now I’ve taken the plunge and have two UZI NFA investments in flight. (a full size and a mini). Accordingly, I’m trying to understand the nuances.

I really do appreciate you taking the time, sir.

Cheers!

mos

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter