Need Some Adivce On My Next Purchase???

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Guys,

I am almost ready to buy my next toy and I thought I would consult the Jedi Council. Currently I only have three "long" guns: My FS IMI UZI carbine, MINI IMI UZI carbine, and a Colt LE6920 carbine.

While I think I am off to a great start I feel the winds of change will be approaching in the not too distant future and have decided to dedicate funds only to military style weapons, parts kits for military weapons, and high capacity magazines that I feel may fall under the restrictions of some future ban. I have enough pistols for now and am raising a separate fund going for a future FA NFA item.

So here is what I am considering with a budget of up to $2000 and I am kindly requesting your opinions:

**Colt LE6933 "Commando" (this is essentially an 11.5 in. SBR LE6920)
-So what are my options here? I don't want to be switching uppers or anything. This gun is kinda like what I already have, but it has the "Delta Force" style CQB barrel, which is adds major coolness factor IMO.

**AK Krink underfolder (SBR)
-This is just sexy. No I don't think they are particularly accurate, but have never shot one. This just seems like a great SHTF gun for an urban environment. I am wrong? I just figure it is compact, has major firepower, is super reliable, has cheap mags, and looks mad evil. My question is who makes the best and nicest one. I know many were built using different reciever flats etc., but don't know what to look for. Additionaly, I have no AK type weapon other than a yet unbuilt Galil kit.

**AK underfolder or fixed stock 7.62x39
-At some point I just need on of these. I don't plan on owning many AK stlye weapons so I would like to start with a really nice one that has super fit and finish. Arsenal in Vegas seems like they put together a beautiful product from the photos I have seen and articles I have read. I am just upset the don't offer the "classic" style anymore with the blonde wood. The blonde wood SAM7 ? underfolder sure is sexy. Any other options here that are super high quality fit and finish?

**Another UZI probably another IMI Mini carbine or a Pistol (SBRed)
-The thing here is I already have all the parts (stock, aperture sight, sling loop, etc.) to put a Pistol through a Micro style conversion and a .45 bolt with some mags. Yeah I want to have the full family, but I could compromise on the timing and make it may next gun after this next acquisition.

**I would consider other items like perhaps an SBRed Sterling or something else so please suggest away.

**Right now I am not considering any .308 weapons, but a Springfield M1A and a DSA FAL are definitely on my list. This caliber is a few purchases down the road. While I would also like an authentic IMI Galil that is not in my budget right now either. Additionaly, I am not considering any bolt action type rifles as I believe I have the most amount of time with regard to any legislation here.

Again, I am needing help from my friends with this decision and any input would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Oswald2001

First, SBR your UZI and Mini-UZI.

Next, buy 10-20 tins of the Bulgarian 5.45 from Century and 10-20 mags.

Then, have an ORF 5.45 x 39 Galil built. (Or buy an AK74 as well.)

You can actually afford to shoot vast amounts of 5.45 cheap.

(Of course, if you like, save your 5.56 for SHTF.)

Hint: Keep the 10-20 tins of 5.45 as SHTF supply.
Buy a separate supply for plinking use.

YMMV

BTW, you will save enough in ammo buying 5.45 x 39 over 5.56 to pay for your 5.45 Galil build, an AK74, ammo, mags, both SBR's paperwork and still have a big wad of cash left over to boot.

Especially if you buy 20 tins. 20 tins is an affordable way to keep a lifetime supply of military ammo.

Last edited:

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Oswald,
SBRing the MINI and FS are already in the works. Not really interested in another Galil clone, as I already have the parts for two builds. Any Galil I ever consider in the future it will only be an original IMI in 5.56mm.

Quarterbore

UZI Talk Life Member
I think you need a long range rifle... With the AR-15 carbine and SBR FS and Mini UZI you have the close range stuff pretty well covered.

I would look at the AR-10, M1A, FnFAL or other 7.62 Nato battle rifles.

I have a pair of AR-10s (AR-10T Rifle and CAR-10 carbine) and a pair of FALS (Imbel Rifle on Imbel receiver and DSA Para). I don't have an M1A YET. I also have a Rem 700 Sporter and Rem 700 PSS both in 308.

You really should consider a reach out an PUNCH somebody round!

If not, this, then consider an AR-15 rifle... Get a 20-inch HBAR with an A3 or A2 upper. This will give much better perforance then a 16-inch carbine and I personally everyone should own both an AR-15 carbine and an AR-15 rifle.

Good Luck!

This is by no means my entire collection:

black_is_beautiful.jpg

That AR-10T along with the AR-15 carbine and UZI plus Glocks really covers things quite well...

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
QB,

I know you are right. BTW your awesome website helped me choose my setup for my AR. If it weren't for your site I would not have been able to mount my Knight's RAS II. The damn thing came with no instructions.

I want a Springfield M1A in a SAGE chassis but I figure I can wait as then I need glass for that thing. Good glass could set me back from aquiring more firearms. More evil lookling firearms and mags are the priority right now. Glass and things like the SAGE chassis I am sure I will always be able to get. I will squeeze some Checkmate M1A mags into my budget, but I believe I still have a good amount of time to pick up an M1A as long as I have the mags.

Also for us down here in the city not many places to reap the benefits and enjoy firing a caliber like .308. While I know I need both an M1A and FAL they would stay locked up most of the time and primarily be for some kind of SHTF scenario where I would employ them in a rooftop overwatch type job. I would also love to have a Rem 700 and it is on my list, but those should be available in the forsseable future.

QB, what say you about the LE6933. I see Clyde has them for a reasonable price. Vito has them for $2200:lol Could I get a colt 11.5 in upper and then mate that to a Bushy or RR lower? Would that be cheaper?

Added: Awesome photo!! Nice hardware my friend. You are way ahead of me. I know that photo is only the tip of the iceberg, but I forgot you are down a couple of ARs. Sometimes rifles get lost down here in the Everglade's Alligator infested waters.:)

Last edited:

canes173

Gotta go with a Krink.....

TANTAL_M92-4.jpg

TANTAL_M92-6.jpg

I have the Bulgy AKSU (5.45x39) as well, awesome little guns!

SubGunFan

UZI Talk Life Member
I would buy a nice AR-15 (Colt, Bushy, DMPS) w/ 20" heavy barrel and A3 upper (with A2 sights handle). That way you will have a nice long-range gun that can be modified later..............

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
SS, If you really want a reach out there and touch someone weapon AND impress the girls......get a .50 BMG sniper rifle with a good scope.

Jim

Last edited:

Oberfeld

UZI Talk Supporter
I know you don't want to buy a .308 any time soon. But look at this deal from CDNN. PTR-91 for $899.00. These rifles are as good as the original HK-91; just a lot cheaper. These are great battle rifles, very, very accurate and reliable. This is what you want to have on your side when SHTF.
Got mine today

DSC00384s.JPG

Last edited:

RuhRoRorge

Ode To H&K

Oberfeld said:
I know you don't want to buy a .308 any time soon. But look at this deal from CDNN. PTR-91 for $899.00. These rifles are as god as the original HK-91; just a lot cheaper. These are great battle rifles, very, very accurate and reliable. This is what you want to have on your side when SHTF.
Got mine today

View attachment 10389

I bought an HK91A2 way back in 1985 for a whopping $475.00. Since then I have poured countless rounds through it. Back in "the day" it was not unusual to have 1,000 round range sessions - frequently. I honestly could not even venture a solid guess at round count - suffice it to say it's over 100,000. It's still as reliable today as it was then - no end in sight.

The JLD PTR-91 is nearly identical to it's grandfather. Fit finish and function are all superb. I did see one recently at a shoot that was brand new and totally unreliable. I believe the chamber was not quite right, (as I understand JLD is making their own barrels now). Good thing is, they will make it right. I think it's a sound investment.

My obsession now is my M1A in the Troy MCS. After some experience with the Sage stock, I think I have found for me, a perfect fit in the Troy MCS. Still, if the world melted down, I can't help but to think that my HK-91 would be pulled from the safe along with my VP70z, (I know folks hate them, but I love my VP).

I think Oberfeld makes a great point in looking at the JLD. Price point is there, fit and finish is there, reliability is there, (with one exception I've seen), customer support is there and it's a tested and trustworthy rifle...

mob

UZI Talk Supporter
Sayeret Shaldag, i just love dealing with vito, when i work the orlando gun show(read vendor tag), i was looking at getting a sig mosquito for my can,(well this is before i got the $300 RSR price) , well i go up there and the only one that he has is in his class 3 case with a can, and i ask if he would sell without the can, and he says the best price he could do would be $550 (while everyone else in the show with walkup price was like 375-400 for threaded barrel), i just kindly said ill think about it and walked away, some prices hes good at, some he just plain sucks

az paul

UZI Talk Life Member
One thing not mentioned that's a definite necessity is a reliable combat-type shotgun, such as a Mossberg 500 or 590, or Remington 870.

Another thing to consider would be an UZI suppressor with sub-sonic ammo.

I do agree with the guys about eventually adding a .308 or 30-06

Add up the above-mentioned three and it comes out to under $2500, but it does give you something for any occasion for a SHTF scenario.

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks for the advice thus far guys. I see the posts so far are pushing for a bigger round. The PTR-91 looks very much like the G3.

Mob, Vito does have a nice price on an item or two and I ain't sayin I won't go fishin with the man, but what gun do you think I should get next is the topic here.:poke Any advice?

I live in a tightly packed urban area so shorter and compact weapons intended for CQB is where I am trying to concentrate my efforts now. I would also like to hear opinions from anyone who is running a Krink undrfolder, Arsenal AK, or a shortened 11.5 in. AR.

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
Hey az-paul, where can I get a bayonet lug attatchment for my Rem-870? I've got the 10 round mag extension, sling, but really need the lug to attatch my bayonet for when I go pheasant hunting.

Sorry about the thread hijack.:D

Jim

mob

UZI Talk Supporter
sayeret, i say check my christmas in october thread, i picked up quite a few guns there, id say a DMPS 308 16" for i think it was 1100-1200 with factory rail(hey you did say compact), spend 3-500 on some nice glass for a 1-4 CQB scope, and ya got a lethal setup

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
You can SBR an AR or UZI anytime... do it later. You don't have an AK in any configuration? Buy one now. I'd go with a fullsize and perhaps a pistol that you can add a stock to later for your Krink. I tend to agree with the others on a .308 weapon. A M1A, FAL or other would make you happy. AZPaul's suggestion of a good shotgun is a good one. A Saiga 12 to be sent off to Tromix at a later date would be a nice purchase and can be had for $400.00 to $500.00 bucks.

johnnywitt

UZI Talk Life Member
I've got 2 Benelli 11707's. I wouldn't be without these. Best defense shotguns out their IMO- Marines think so too. Go to the Benelli forums to know more.
Have you looked a the Vector AK's with the blond wood? You can get one with a chromed lined barrel for a little extra. They are from Polish kits. I don't know that much about AK's, but their suppossed to be a really well built gun.
That PTR-91 looks like a good deal because a DS Arms Fal Tactical Carbine tricked out is gonna run you about 2250.00 dealers cost. I have two and they are the shit. If you get one make sure to get the "speed trigger" and NP3 the bolt and internals and get DSA to factory attach an extreme duty scope mount for ya.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter