"New Transferrables" - What all have you seen or head of?

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Confirmed list so far:
o HK MP5
o HK 53
o IMI Full-size UZI
o IMI mini-UZI
o MG34
o Beretta M12
o Walther MPL/MPK
o Sten
o Type 56 stamped receiver Chinese AK
o Swedish K
o M3 Grease Gun
o L1A1/FAL

Anything else else turn up? FN minimi?

Last edited:

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
A guy on HKpro said his 53 went transferable.
A friend sent me a photo of 2 NIB FS Uzis yesterday that went transferable.

Last edited:

tomk

Confirmed list? Who confirmed it?

Or are you just assuming that the eforms "check" (populates a Form 4) is correct?

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Confirmed list? Who confirmed it?

Or are you just assuming that the eforms "check" (populates a Form 4) is correct?
lol, just “confirmed” by an eform4 pseudo-check
There are a lot of presamples not on eforms…
All it takes to get added to “my” list above is somebody telling me they know of a presample that is newly transferable (I don’t care really care how they know it ). I’m just interested in what “new” stuff might be avail

I strongly suspect there are some transferable minimi as the the only transferable 249 sold last year and the seller seems to be very well connected…

Last edited:

Bunker Dan

Well, I heard about a bunch of NFA stuff that is now transferable that I still can't afford...

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
One of my friends HAD a very nice PreMay Mini UZI that he said he is sure was brought in by a police department so I'm sure there are some of those.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
A user on Sturm pulled his listing for two pre-samples; a Walther MPL and a Madsen M50. His reason was the changing of status of certain pre-samples. I can't confirm that his items were eligible though.

Chef

Well, I heard about a bunch of NFA stuff that is now transferable that I still can't afford...

If you were hoping that the reclassification of some pre-samples would significantly lower the asking price of the already available transferables, I'm sorry to say, that's not going to happen.
And if you thought that these newly "transferable" pre-samples will be selling for anywhere near pre-sample prices, I'm even more sorry to say, that's not going to be the case.

Until this situation stabilizes and solid, repeated selling prices are established, I'm betting most people wanting to flip their new transferables are going to send them to one auction or another to maximize their return.
But even after the dust settles, you can bet that if anything, these new transferables are going to be selling for signifigantly more than their older transferable versions. At least for the ones that are "real" versions of the conversions that up until now, have been all we had available. Like UZIs and MP5s.
Because if you have a choice between a Group/Vector UZI, a IMI model A/B conversion or a real, made as a SMG, IMI UZI for around the same price, everyone would pick the real UZI SMG.
Why mess with conversions or clones when you can have the real deal?

And things like Walther MPL/MPK, Steyr MPI69/81 and Beretta PM12S? They never had transferable clones or conversions available on the transferable market until now, so they are going to be highly sought after and command unknown (for now) prices.

Newly transferable samples that have real, older transferable examples (like M3A1 grease gun, Thompsons, MG34s) will be about the same price as their older transferable versions, maybe a few hundred less, because there is no physical difference between the sample and the older transferable except for the time it was registered.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
And things like Walther MPL/MPK, Steyr MPI69/81 and Beretta PM12S? They never had transferable clones or conversions available on the transferable market until now, so they are going to be highly sought after and command unknown (for now) prices.
FWIW, there were at least a few transferable MPL/MPKs. One of the members here used to own one.
No idea if it was an original or a rewelded gun.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
FWIW, there were at least a few transferable MPL/MPKs. One of the members here used to own one.
No idea if it was an original or a rewelded gun.
To add to that the late Joe Moody (inventor of the Grip pod) had a very impressive collection. He also had a transferrable Beretta PM12 that one of the auction houses had I think last year. I had never seen one before.

Chef

To add to that the late Joe Moody (inventor of the Grip pod) had a very impressive collection. He also had a transferrable Beretta PM12 that one of the auction houses had I think last year. I had never seen one before.
Supposedly there are a few MP12 (not "S") transferables (brown grips and push button selectors). And I believe the 12S was introduced in 1969, so it wouldn't have made the cutoff for importation to be classified as transferable.
But I could be wrong.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
Joe was a great guy; a wellspring of knowledge. I had never fired a Beretta Model 12 until befriending him years ago. His collection was not only extensive, but he also had a number of rare pieces. Everything he owned was in immaculate condition; Steyr MPI-69, German MG-42/59, Factory IMI UZI Model A, North Korean Type 58, etc.

ferndog1

UZI Talk Supporter
Confirmed list so far:
o HK MP5
o HK 53
o IMI Full-size UZI
o IMI mini-UZI
o MG34
o Beretta M12
o Walther MPL/MPK
o Sten
o Type 56 stamped receiver Chinese AK

Anything else else turn up? FN minimi?
I have a Brit L1A1 that "was" a post-sample that is now "transferable"
My 1972 dated MP5 is also now "transferable" AND C&R!

sig-x

How does one check the status change of a sample to see if it’s transferable. We have a couple of old mgs rentals in the shop. Idk how to check.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter