Ordered an AWC MK9, your thoughts

Dan0341

UZI Talk Life Member
In my opinion, it's one of the quietest suppressors (I compared it to Mossad, Coastal, and Vector). I couldn't care less if it's old technology. Also, again my opinion, the larger suppressor looks best on the Uzi. You'll like it.

Dan

Dan0341

UZI Talk Life Member
Here' a pic of mine:

Awcmk9.jpg

UZI SBR AWC

MK9 again

You spent your money well, you will definitely be happy. Just do not shoot lead in it. The laed will spray out of the 6 holes in the tube that slides over the barrel, making difficult to get out of center core if you try to take apart. I spray mine with MIG anti spatter spray, it is a greasy mess when taken apart.

A lot of people state "it's too big, old technology".... But Doc Dater designed the can, and he will tell you "it is still a work horse today".. You will like it, especially when you use sub-sonic ammo. Refer to the thread for the "Homemade suppressor tool". When you install the AWC, grasp the tube and turn it, may find it /caps loose. After you get it hot, wearing a glove, tighen it again, as the aluminum expands, after that you should be all set.

Enjoy it, it should serve you really well.

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
The AWC Mk-9 is absolutely my favorite 9mm smg suppressor. A more elaborate baffle stack & eccentric blast baffle replaced the now obsoleted pre-'92 configuration. I run mine on a SWD M11/9 smg. The *coaxial* design is basically a suppressor within a suppressor. It's a large can measuring 2" x 12", but it has the proper volume to handle full-auto fire & run somewhat cooler than most units. The tone produced is lower than others that I've tried & results in a delayed whoooosh. 1st round pop is non-existent! The mechanical action of the smg & the impact down range is significantly louder than the actual blast when running either Fiocchi or IMI/Samson 158gr. ammo. It's suggested that fmj & NOT exposed lead be run through it.

UZI SBR AWC

You can use it with 22LR, it will not be the "ultimate", but it will handle FA fire, and take care of the initial muzzle blast, some may leak by a little quicker, because you are mailing 22 bullets through a .420" hole, though most gas will expand in the tube. Simply install 22LR kit and barrel, install suppressor as normal in place of the barrel nut.

Sonic will be a bit noisy, and sub-sonic 22 wil still pop slightly, because of large holes, but still work fine. You can get a 22LR can rated for FA fire, but it won't have the volume/internal capacity of the MK9.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter