Palm Bay Florida a Miami Vice themed submachine gun competition

P7M13

UZI Talk Life Member
finbox said:
Anybody on the fourm going to be there? Feb 6th

Can you run in the optics class and the irons in the same match?

http://bullethose.com/

I would venture a guess, probably not - but, it would depend on attendance and number of bays. The match must conclude by a specific time and you would be running it twice, if there is time, they may allow it. The match is about 1) safety and, 2) having a good time - more of a friendly and enjoyable competition than a cut-throat one.

finbox

UZI Talk Supporter
cool, i will see. I'm driving 3 hours each way and spending the night in a hotel...so I would like to shoot as much as possible.

skunkape

I lived in Sarasota for a long time. If you were near Fort Myers I was going to offer you a ride. It's a long trip but it's a ton of fun and a great group of people to shoot with.

finbox

UZI Talk Supporter
thanks for the offer, I hope to see alot of uzitalk guys there

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
I'll be there. It's a guaranteed good time. I will be shooting and working as an RO. We almost never have enough time for someone to run it twice. Contact Todd and he will email you a day or two be for the match as to what guns to bring besides a subgun. You will need 300-500 rounds of ammo for your subgun if you have 5 mags you should be good for just about all stages. I only used all 5 mags once in two years, it was definitely a target rich environment.

K2

Next Match - PMRPC?

Hi,

We have a C-3 match the first Sunday of every month.

Hope I'm answering the right question.

Good Luck,

K2

Tobias Arms

I'll be participating (I try to make it every month...tons of fun). Hope to have the subgun ready to go, but might be shooting semi if it's not working out.

There is likelly not to be enough time to run it in 2 classes, should be a pretty big turnout with the miami vice theme this time. But I believe the optics class usually has more competitors than the irons class.

The usual classes are: optics-subgun, irons-subgun, Semi-auto, youth, and .22-subgun.

The .22 subgun/auto class is there since 22's can't usually knock over the heavy plates, but if there are not enough people in that class, they usually get mixed in with the other groups.

BTW,
I know there are extra prizes available to those who dress-up in period gear.

mhp34one

ok, I will try to make one this year, I live in north Fl and it is a long trip to the soutrh end. Thanks

Tobias Arms

mhp34one said:
ok, I will try to make one this year, I live in north Fl and it is a long trip to the soutrh end. Thanks

Palm bay is not really in the south end. It's more like the mid-east. It's brevard county.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
Here is an email I got about the shoot.

Howdy folks,

The Miami Vice match is quickly approaching and we have a few updates for you.

All of the shoot house walls were built yesterday thanks to help from Andy, Doug, Randy and Dick so we should have some closed quarter battle fun in bay #2.

The good folks at Kel Tec ( http://www.keltecweapons.com ) have graciously offered to sponsor the event so there should be some Kel Tec gear up for grabs on top of the Galco Miami Classic holster and stuff the Galco Leather (http://www.usgalco.com/) folks are hooking us up with.

There will be Subgun , Pistol and Shotgun for this match... Shotgun will be less than 10 rounds (at this point its 4 rounds but that may change) . You may bring your own shotgun if you like or we will have some very cool loaners if you wish to use one. If you wish to use a loaner shotgun you will need to bring 10 rounds of 12 gauge 7 1/2, 8 or 9 bird shot in 2 - 3/4" shells. Pistol will be less than 50 rounds.

There will be a prize for the best dressed Crockett and the best dressed Tubbs.

On Friday 2/4/2011 an email will be sent out with more information on the stage specifics as well as a "mission briefing" so keep an eye out for it. Remember that you have to dress "Miami Vice" to be eligible to win the Miami Classic shoulder holster (pictured below).

See you Sunday,

-Todd

finbox

UZI Talk Supporter
I applied to the bullethose fourm and they never replied to me to open my account. Guess they have all the members they need??

skunkape

finbox said:
I applied to the bullethose fourm and they never replied to me to open my account. Guess they have all the members they need??

I'm sure he will answer you soon. Todd runs the forum by himself I believe and also has a life, job and has been planning this shoot. If you come to the shoot you'll see he's not the kind of guy to blow you off.

finbox

UZI Talk Supporter
not saying he was blowing me off, I applied around 3 weeks ago.

I just wanted to get all the emails and ask ?'s about the match. the above post is very helpful.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter