Pin for attaching the lower

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of a normal push pin, my IMI model A came with a pin like this. It has threaded hex bolts in both ends. When I first got the gun, I just figured that IMI had done that to discourage people from putting on a FA lower. But now I'm wondering if it's original or not. What do other people have on their IMI's?

pin.jpg

ColtShorty

My Model A has the push pin. I have never seen that style on an UZI before, but I have seen it on a B-Square scope mount for a SKS.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
The hole is still 8mm so the larger (FA) pins don't fit. I'll need to round up an 8mm push pin to get rid of this stupid thing.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have to double check. It's been ages since I looked at a push pin for this gun. But after tearing the guns down several times lately for the pistol photos, I know I hate this dual bolt assembly!

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I've seen a different type on a semi MINI

A guy had a semi IMI MINI that had pretty cool looking 2 piece pin. It looked factory. He said he thought it was a factory pin but not sure. I've never seen one like it. I wish I had a picture. It was not threaded. It is hard to describe. One piece went through the other and was held in because the metal was bent in such a way that you had to push it from the other side to release it. My description probably didn't help any.

osprey21

UZI Talk Life Member
That sounds alot like the two piece pin on a M-11/9. It's basically a 'Tube' with a pin that goes thru it and locks the two together with a 'Lip' that snaps over a ridge in the tube. Here is a pic of the 'Pin'.

m119strip04a.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter