Pindad at SHOT Show 2024 (Indonesian FNC imports??)

dubagel

I think he is talking about the 1989 import ban on non-sporting firearms. Why we could get regular type 56 AKs from china and then only thumbhole MAK90s and similar.
Yes, that was the one that started all this. Only prohibited foreign made “non sporting purpose” rifles. Courtesy of Bush Senior.

APEXgunparts

It is my understanding that the Clinton's put in place a ban on anything rifled out of China.
That is why Chinese shotguns are around, but no Chinese made rifles.
The VRA was the first hurdle to imports from Russia, now it is the financial sanctions too.
President Obama blocked the import of US origin surplus ( he was trying to block M1 rifles and M1 carbines coming from South Korea but his "Rose Garden" / Presidential Executive Action speech was quite a broad brush and affects all US origin surplus.
"Sporting Purpose" has been with us since 1968, in 1989 it was reinterpreted to cover the features found on modern semi-autos.
The grip keeps tightening.

Richard

TinCuda

The article at this link does a better job of explaining the position ATF imports division is taking.
This isn't new, last year I read about an importer of modern semi-auto's that suddenly wasn't able to import the "pistol" they had been bringing into the USA for some time.
I don't remember who it was, maybe a member here has that info.

ATF Interpretive Change Restricts Handgun Imports

Richard
That article linked is from 2020. Is this still the case? Anyone heard anything new about the Pindad FNCs?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter