Show us your suppressor internals .. lets do a comparison!

chrisp929

UZI Talk Life Member
i am in ny so i dont have one .. but i did find this below on a site once ..
pubimage.asp

osprey21

UZI Talk Life Member
Neither of mine come apart, but I do find this one intriguing;

AWC's "Odessey" Tubeless .22 Silencer

awc_odessy.jpg

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
The suppressor shown in the 1st photo is an AWC MK-9 with a post '92 baffle stack & eccentric blast baffle. These are usually seen on 9mm MACs & UZIs & are some of the finest smg cans on the market. The co-axial design & unique blast baffle are key to its superb sound reduction qualities on semi or full-auto. You have to *hear* it to believe it! These are dry cans but when a wet medium such as EEZOX is used.... they are almost "Hollywood" quiet.
The 2nd can is an AWC Odyssey that is more for looks than actual functionality. It is recommended that it ONLY be used on .22 RIFLES. It's cool looking, no doubt... but AWC, Gemtech, SWR & Bowers make much better units than this. I'm not sold on *tubeless*... too much wasted space without an external tube.

UZI SBR AWC

The AWC in the first post is a '98 production suppressor. That's my suppressor. It is registered in 9mm.
It is a barrel nut replacement mount, barrel stub slides into that "I" shaped piece, and the initial blast goes out those large holes. That "I" shaped part sits in the center tube, with the small holes in between the flanges on the "I" shaped piece. It screws in from the rear of the tube, butts up to an internal snap ring. There is a spacer ring, and all the cones slide in from the front, to the opposite side of forementioned snapring. Then the threaded plate that screws in and holds the baffle stack together.

Start an end cap into the center tube, slide the outer tube on, install other end cap, and tighten complete assembly together.

stymie

I have a '97 that I employ on an M11/9 smg & use AWC's heavy nomex. I don't trust teflon tape or strap wrenches for securing it. The nice thing on the MAC is that it secures at two points... the course barrel threads & the tapered barrel shoulder. This guarantees alignment, But I ALWAZE hold the suppressor when I shoot. Most baffle strikes are caused by operator error due to spin off. I'd like to try it on my Vector UZI when it comes in, but I prefer the barrel-nut rachet mount to an RPB barrel with SIONICS threads. Parts are Parts anymore... & I'd sure like to have the UZI rear mount or another dedicated can. ...a large, but very sweet unit!

chrisp929

UZI Talk Life Member
are those baffle strikes ? .. or are they like that ... and ofset every other one to bleed gas ?

stymie

NOT baffle strikes... they are designed that way to swirl the gas to lose energy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter