Suppressing a Mini Uzi

sig-x

Check out the GSL jerhico. It’s a remake of the mossad II. It slides over the factory barrel and replaces the barrel nut. You can use it on either a full size or mini without changing out barrels.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
They suppress very well.

Some links for you:
http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=244
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?91351-My-new-custom-hybrid-quot-MK-9K-K-quot
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?92307-Curtis-Tactical-s-new-CT9KS-coaxial-suppressor

MiniUZI-1024x546.jpg

Kramer

I have a MK9K for my mini Uzi. I got it with the Uzi nut mount. A great can for a buzz gun.

Bret

I received an email from RTG Parts that they had one of the tri-lug barrels in stock, so I bought it. Seems odd that they just got one in stock. I'll let y'all know how it works.

Bret

I do like the other options above, but the tri-lug allows me to use my TiRant 9.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
I have an RTG 3 lug barrel on my micro and use it with an MK9K. The fit, machine work and finish are good, and its accurate. . If I were to complain about one thing, it would be the 1/2-28 threads and thread protector. If you are buying it to use with a 3 lug suppressor, you dont need the threaded feature. I would have preferred it without the threads/protector for a cleaner look when the suppressor isnt installed. I also found myself constantly checking to make sure the cap was tight so put a drop of loctite on the threads. Now I dont have to worry about the cap coming loose.
Probably picking fly shit out of pepper but....
Hope this helps.
Bill

eodinert

They work well, but usually the barrel nut needs some notches cut in it for the lugs to clear.

Bret

After an eight day trip for the 2-day priority mail package, I finally have the new tri-lug barrel.
Tri-lug-Mini-Uzi-barrel.jpg

Mini-Uzi-with-Ti-Rant-9-suppressor.jpg

The machine work and finish looks great. It went right on my Mini Uzi without any issues at all. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Bret

I gave it a shot and something's wrong. I was only able to get one cartridge to feed and fire. Cartridges feed and get stuck at an angle entering the chamber or they enter the chamber, but the indentation in the primer isn't enough to ignite it. When I put a cartridge directly in to the chamber and pull the trigger, it fires and leaves a nice deep indentation in the primer. Without a magazine inserted, the bolt velocity seems plenty fast. However, it seems slowed down when trying to feed from a magazine. It seems to be a feed ramp issue or too tight of a chamber, but I'm open to other suggestions.

localizer11

I gave it a shot and something's wrong. I was only able to get one cartridge to feed and fire. Cartridges feed and get stuck at an angle entering the chamber or they enter the chamber, but the indentation in the primer isn't enough to ignite it. When I put a cartridge directly in to the chamber and pull the trigger, it fires and leaves a nice deep indentation in the primer. Without a magazine inserted, the bolt velocity seems plenty fast. However, it seems slowed down when trying to feed from a magazine. It seems to be a feed ramp issue or too tight of a chamber, but I'm open to other suggestions.

I had a similar problem with the RTG mini SMG barrel. There were constant feeding issues with a variety of ammo. Sold the RTG and went with the BWE 3 lug barrel - no issues since.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I made all my 3-lug bbls.
Plenty of good reliable threaded ones with 1/2-28 threads.
Screw on a 3-lug adapter with some Loctite.
Done! Never looked back.

124NATO

Hey Bret,

So here is a picture of two barrels the one on the left is from RTG and is a jamomatic. the one on the right is from USBS and runs perfectly. I suspect that your barrrel may not have a large enough chamfer to feed ???

SgFZXNam.jpg

Bret

I suspect you're correct. Looks like I'll be doing a return.

Bret

I could, but then I'd own it if it doesn't work. I think it's better just to return it and buy one that works. I wouldn't mind if they had me send it to the manufacturer for rework.

Bret

Y'all are too take charge for me. The industrial engineer in me makes the originator of the problem fix or pay for it so they suffer the consequences of their inadequate product development or poor quality control.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter