Thinking of trying Fiocchi 9APE 158gr

Hiller

Anyone have experience with this ammo in the uzi?

Please advise,

R/s, Hiller......................

WHARGOUL69

I have used it in the past in a full auto open bolt gun but haven't tried it since they started using a flat nose bullet. The ball stuff was great!

mike400

The round nose ones work great and are as quiet as your going to get.

WHARGOUL69

PPU makes some good subsonic 9mm. I've fired about a 1000 rounds of it with no issues.

ratski

UZI Talk Life Member
I've put a bunch down range with the suppressor and it is scary quiet.

As someone said, PPU makes a similar subsonic and it is pretty quiet.

pmf

I'd avoid any type of bullet except a round ball type. There's plenty of other subsonic 9mm ammo choices.

Hiller

I shot a box of

Fiocchi 9APE 158gr​

thru my suppressed uzi and it worked great. Accurate, quiet. Will probably get more if it ever goes on sale.

R/s, Hiller.....................

Hiller

Found the violin case at a local yard sale with the violin still in it for two bucks. The foam I put in it cost more than the rest of the set up. Always wanted a machine gun in a violin case. Probably from watching to many old movies when I was young.

R/s, Hiller...................

Hiller

The fiocchi 158 I tried worked great in my Uzi suppressed. So I picked up a case for 353$ delivered. I know it’s kinda pricey but couldn’t find a better deal on anything with a 158 projo.

I like to reload my own but thought it couldn’t hurt to keep some new subsonic ammo around.

I heard somewhere that there’s no such thing as to much ammo.

R/s, Hiller………..

Attachments

• 24B1A06F-FFF8-442A-9231-95C13277A3E1.jpeg
    24B1A06F-FFF8-442A-9231-95C13277A3E1.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 1

ratski

UZI Talk Life Member
The fiocchi 158 I tried worked great in my Uzi suppressed. So I picked up a case for 353$ delivered. I know it’s kinda pricey but couldn’t find a better deal on anything with a 158 projo.

I like to reload my own but thought it couldn’t hurt to keep some new subsonic ammo around.

I heard somewhere that there’s no such thing as to much ammo.

R/s, Hiller………..
Where did you find it for that price?

Dave

Dirk Hawthorne

Once ammo is subsonic, like 147 grain is, there is no supersonic crackle sound coming off the rounds. So why bother paying extra for an even slower round?

I chronographed Speer 147 grain factory ammo in my UZI and got 1,045 fps. That's about 50 fps slower than the speed of sound at sea level, which is 1,100 fps. So... no crackle.

Sure, you're getting close to going supersonic, but you're not. That ammo is well under supersonic speed, even given that a 10" barrel is going to push a 9mm round out about 50 fps faster than a 5" barrel.

In Denver CO, at 5,000 feet altitude, the speed of sound is still 1096 fps. It doesn't all change that much with normal ground altitude.

This makes me wonder what the heaviest bullet that can be stabilized by the UZI rifling is. It would be interesting to see if the 158 grain bullets start wobbling at 100+ yards.

Now that I think of it, this is kind of a selling point for Remington UMC - that garbage is so low powered that 147 gr 9mm would probably be a real nice suppressor round.

Hiller

Where did you find it for that price?

Dave
I have an account with a wholesaler. If you’re interested in a case you’re welcome to pm me. I’ll be happy to try getting you some at my price.

R/s, Hiller……….

Hiller

Once ammo is subsonic, like 147 grain is, there is no supersonic crackle sound coming off the rounds. So why bother paying extra for an even slower round?

I chronographed Speer 147 grain factory ammo in my UZI and got 1,045 fps. That's about 50 fps slower than the speed of sound at sea level, which is 1,100 fps. So... no crackle.

Sure, you're getting close to going supersonic, but you're not. That ammo is well under supersonic speed, even given that a 10" barrel is going to push a 9mm round out about 50 fps faster than a 5" barrel.

In Denver CO, at 5,000 feet altitude, the speed of sound is still 1096 fps. It doesn't all change that much with normal ground altitude.

This makes me wonder what the heaviest bullet that can be stabilized by the UZI rifling is. It would be interesting to see if the 158 grain bullets start wobbling at 100+ yards.

Now that I think of it, this is kind of a selling point for Remington UMC - that garbage is so low powered that 147 gr 9mm would probably be a real nice suppressor round.
I like 147gr. Have to be careful with the 147gr ogive. Most 147’s have a flattish ogive and may not feed reliably in some FA uzi’s.

The Remington umc147 cycles my suppressed 8” barreled Uzi smg fine. Had a bullet jam between the bolt and barrel feeding off the right side of the mag. I felt the ogive on the umc ammo was potentially unreliable in my weapon. So I went looking for a different ammo and ended up liking the way the fiocchi 158’s worked for me.
YMMV.

R/s, Hiller………..

arch stanton

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand Live @ The Blue Note
Anyone have experience with this ammo in the uzi?

Please advise,

R/s, Hiller......................
If you happen to reload I use a 124g 9mm FMJ bullet and power pistol powder. The bullet clocks in at 900 fps or so and remains subsonic cycles the subguns and pistols no issues

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter