UZI Buffer size

regalgseguy

just ordered the Blackjack 3 piece buffer set. Just wondering what is the longest buffer you can put in a FA UZI and still be safe from a runaway gun? I believe the longest in the set is 1 1/4" I assume the 1" is safe but what about the 1 1/4? Thanks

rparsons3

UZI Talk Life Member
I bought the set several years ago, tried the long one and it functioned ok but was to fast for me, almost MAC like, I used the mid sized one for a long time but now don't have any of them in it, I just decided that the uzi was meant to be slow (like me).

b_saan

Call them and add the 1.4" buffer to your order as well, it's more fun if you're going to speed up your UZI. Runs like a mini with that one in, probably 950-1000 RPM. I don't run them in my UZI all the time but once in awhile it's fun to blast them out. The UZI is still surprisingly controllable with the big buffer speeding it up by 50%.

johnnywitt

UZI Talk Life Member
I heard tell from a pretty renowned Uzi Smith not to run those because they were hard on the gun & not to run the Ti Bolts at all because they are really hard on the gun.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I found the middle size buffer made the gun nice and smooth

I would keep in mind that the gun is not designed for them
And it could break the back welds on your gun

I say this because I blew out the back welds on my
GI gun. I’d be happy with your uzi as is. Or use the buffers sparingly

Samuel_Hoggson

Backplate reweld was not a big deal. One of mine went around 25k-ish. Stopped using buffers afterwards.

The shorter 3/4" and 1" buffers are useful if you participate in matches and/or your ammo is inconsistent by chrono. Had cases of Ulyanovsk with over 150 fps variation. Buffer helped smooth it out.

pmf

I always heard that anything over 1.4" would make it run away. I find that 3/4" sped the gun up just about right. Having said that, I rarely use a buffer in my uzi. Its kind of like a macjack -- fun to play around with a little, but I wouldn't use it for everyday shooting.

johnnywitt

UZI Talk Life Member
The Buffers can also induce bolt bounce in increasing proportions to the size of the buffer. You may, or may not give a rat's A$$ about this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter