Uzi Recommendations

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm a shooter, not a collector so for 19k, I'd get a bolt in 9mm for 11k and a second gun dedicated to .45 like a mac10 in .45, or a resiling or spitfire.

Most bolts prob have a host, and you could have the most perfect host in the world made for it from raw parts for reasonable money if you care.

There seem to be no imported real Uzi's. Everything is a conversion. In my eyes anyway a slotted bolt isn't a limitation but some people care about being "as close as possible" to military issue.

In regarding 22, it's mostly a pain in the butt in all guns that can do it as a secondary caliber. You end up having to run CCI minimags for the additional energy it puts in the system to make it run, and those costs as much as 9 mm. So at the end of day it's like why am I doing this?

Last edited:

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
There seem to be no imported real Uzi's. Everything is a conversion. In my eyes anyway a slotted bolt isn't a limitation but some people care about being "as close as possible" to military issue.

In regarding 22, it's mostly a pain in the butt in all guns that can do it as a secondary caliber. You end up having to run CCI minimags for the additional energy it puts in the system to make it run, and those costs as much as 9 mm. So at the end of day it's like why am I doing this?

There are pre 68 fully transferrable IMI UZI's....but I'm sure they are extremely pricey these days.

IMHO, as a shooter, I would definitely want a RR or even registered sear vs a bolt.

The 22LR UZI kits are pretty reliable. I never used Mini Mags in mine. I just use Federal bulk pack.

I also like running GG mags to run .40SW or .45ACP.
I think BarrelXchange may have also done some .357 Sig barrels as well.
I have buddy that runs his transferrable full size in 10mm as well with GG mags.

pmf

I'm a shooter, not a collector so for 19k, I'd get a bolt in 9mm for 11k and a second mac10 in .45, or a resiling or spitfire.

Most bolts prob have a host, and you could have the most perfect host in the world made for it from raw parts for reasonable money if you care.

That's exactly my advice too. You're going to end up shooting 9mm in it all of the time. I've had my Vector for 20 years. I've got 22 and 45 kits for it. The 45 kit runs great, but what's the point? The 22 kit is finicky wrt what ammo and I had to clean the mags after every use to get it to run. And even then, it jams all the time. And yep, the high velocity 22 ammo that works best isn't much cheaper than 9mm. 22 kit for my M11/9 sucks too. These guns weren't designed to shoot tiny 22 ammo.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
There are pre 68 fully transferrable IMI UZI's....but I'm sure they are extremely pricey these days.

IMHO, as a shooter, I would definitely want a RR or even registered sear vs a bolt.

The 22LR UZI kits are pretty reliable. I never used Mini Mags in mine. I just use Federal bulk pack.

I also like running GG mags to run .40SW or .45ACP.
I think BarrelXchange may have also done some .357 Sig barrels as well.
I have buddy that runs his transferrable full size in 10mm as well with GG mags.

Cool, I did not realize there actually were any. I think I had just assumed when I saw "IMI Uzi" it was a conversion. If you can use federal bulk pack you're living the .22 dream. Is that typical for .22 kits? If uzis can reliably run bulk pack .22 that would be cheaper than a 10/22 or american 180

pmf

If you can use federal bulk pack you're living the .22 dream. Is that typical for .22 kits? If uzis can reliably run bulk pack .22 that would be cheaper than a 10/22 or american 180

That's not my experience. Bulk pack type ammo is a jam every three rounds with mu kit. Its a GI kit, I think. The three mags it came with are the only ones that'll work. I tried the Vector 22 mags with no luck. Winchester Super-X or Federal high velocity worked the best, but that's not cheap 22 ammo. And it can be hard to find.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter