What got you interested in Uzis?

Inkognito

The Six Day War

X7069.JPG

six-day-war-soldiers-israel-flag-2000.jpg

Suprasonic

I have always been interested in guns, the different designs and looks; mainly military weapons and especially submachine guns. 1980s movies and TV were a bounty for cool guns in action- Commando, Terminator, Miami Vice, Delta Force, etc.

However, the first time I saw an Uzi was in a book my brother had called “Weapons of the 1973 Israeli Arab War”. I was blown away by the design; up to that point, I was familiar with World War Two-era gun’s like the Thompson, Sten, MP40, and Sten. The Uzi looked so modern, almost space-aged to my 10 year old eyes. You could say it was love at first sight.

Last edited:

yoni

So it seems to me I am the only one here that carried a mini or micro Uzi for real, while lusting for a MP5K.

paintmanmatt

I just thought every breathing male child woke up in the morning wanting an Uzi & Thompson SMG.......so when I grew up, I got 'em.

RLett4

UZI Talk Supporter
Traded a dune buggy frame for a model A and several pistols back in 1980 or so and have owned a couple dozen off and on thru the years ..Just own a couple IMI mini SBRs at this point in time..The President Reagan attempted assasination and Chuck Norris movies just reinforced the trend

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
So it seems to me I am the only one here that carried a mini or micro Uzi for real, while lusting for a MP5K.

details please? yeah...I'd def prefer the k gun too. but im just a range boy

yoni

I think us lusting after MP5k came from cross training with other countries units that used them, so we got to shoot them. Then you add to that the fact that we knew we would never be able to get them. I mean how would it look, if we got filmed at a major terror incident and we were carrying MP5K's and not mini Uzi's or micro.

I know in talking with the lads from other countries that had MP5k's, wished they could have minis or micro Uzi.

Just guys being guys in wanting what the other guy has and you can't get, for the cool factor.

Today I own both a MP5k and Mini and it is the mini that get's carried most of the time when it is for real.

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
interesting. thx for the follow up. yep, envy is human nature.

I'm trying to decide which I'd carry if I weren't just a range rat. Hmmm. I know I can hit targets more accurately with the MP5k and I like its stock a lot more than the wire folder on my mini Uzi. The Mini overall feels smaller and faster shooting to me. It's cheek weld rattles my teeth when full auto. Mine is open bolt. I think I'd prefer the MP5k myself. The Micro (closed bolt)...sheeesh...I cant hit ANYTHING with it. I'm iron sites across all my SMGs which prob influences that as expected.

Regardless I'm pretty sure I'd end up hurting myself more than bad guys if I carried any of them daily as some sort of concealed weapon. But I'm a rube so there.

yoni

I hate the wire folder on the micro and mini, I always wrapped mine in tennis racket grip tape to build it up. On my mini in the USA, it started life as a pistol. It now has a folding AR buffer tube on it with a arm brace on it. It is UGLY, but it feels great to shoot.

jock

im jock i just joined uzi talk and its awesome. I'm a veitnam vet from 70-72 2 tours and when i came out and seen reagen with that guy guarding him with that uzi i had to have one. i bought my first uzi a model in 1980 and simply love it never jam once on me. then i sold like a dummy and had to have another one. so i bought another a uzi but more expensive then the one i bought in 1980 they keep going up in price then i just got a mini uzi with case and all and can't wait to shoot that those mini uzi are quiet expensive but luv it can't wait to shoot it the only thing is its been unfired and do i shoot or just keep it unfired it sure does look pretty. thanks for any help kock

SecondAmend

I hate the wire folder on the micro and mini, I always wrapped mine in tennis racket grip tape to build it up. On my mini in the USA, it started life as a pistol. It now has a folding AR buffer tube on it with a arm brace on it. It is UGLY, but it feels great to shoot.

The Vector Mini Uzi stock arm has a rubber covering and is reasonably comfortable, unlike the non-covered metal IMI Mini Uzi stock arm. When I shoot my full size Uzi with a folding metal stock on it, I have a piece of vinyl car upholstery with VELCRO on opposing edges that wraps around to provide a cheek friendly surface.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

yoni

I can shoot the folder on the full sized Uzi no problem. The micro and mini hit me wrong and they just suck. I must not have been the only one because I saw a one off mini that someone had mounted a Galil folder on it.

Funner

About 5 years ago two New in the box Norinco UZI's were given to me. From there I have liked them more and more. The 80's movies with UZI's were cool too.

yoni

The wire stocks in Israel were also plastic or rubber covered. They sucked.

The most comfortable mini or maybe it was a micro had a galil stock on it

J2X

I have always been attracted to the rugged reliability in a compact package.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter