Wrench for suppressor

Bobwire

Got a coastal can and need a wrench to take it apart. I thought it was called a spanner wrench, but after looking at snap-on sight thats not it. What the heck is it called and where can I get one.Thanks

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
A spanner wrench looks like a adjustable wrench. But 90 degress to the side it has 2 pins. They are adjustable to there spacings. If you follow me. Harbor frieght has them on sale for about $5. Harbors are pretty cheasy. Also to hold the can you should use a strap wrench Harbor also has them on sale for about $5. If you remember sears had the strap wrenches on tv all the time for about $20.

I will get back with you on the part number. They may call it something else. It is in there flyer.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Try this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41243

This is a set. Its not the ones with the red handles. It is the other one. This one is kind of cheasy, not quite what I was thinking of but should do the job.

Next time I am around harbor I will grab a set of the strap wrenches. they should work great for holding the can.

I am a builder kind of guy. I would get a flat bar of steel about a foot long and get two hardened pins. Even standard steel will work for a while if not too tight. Might even try sacrificing a drill bit shank. Drill a couple snug holes about the same spacing as the suppressor and tap the pins in.

Just remember if it hasn't been apart for a long time it might be siezed in place. If it won't come apart try firing a couple mags thru it and then try when it is hot. When you do assemble it use anti sieze on the threads.

Good luck

UZI SBR AWC

Make your own. Mine is a chunk of stock, (2) Toyota V6 cam gear pins. Bore the holes on correct center, press pins in, clamp block in vise, set can on pins, turn, all done.

fc0dfc42.jpg

Fr8 Dawg

Registered Grinch
You'd think a pair of ROLL pins pressed into some steel stock, would work just as well. Just make sure you press em in with the seams to the outside or inside...not in the same direction of rotation for assembly or dissassembly. So you don't mar your cap with the roll pin seam.

MadDog

Ditto Amphiban! I ordered two spanner wrenches from Vector - one for each end of the can!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter