Search results

1. R

Short barrel on a sear gun

I got to thinking about the FNC and the fact that since it's a sear gun, the sear is actually considered the MG. Does this cause any issues with running a shorter than 16" bbl in the ATF's eyes? I hadn't thought twice about it until my SOT brought up the question. I'm probably a year out from...
  2. R

FAL stock

Can a FAL stock be made to fit an FNC? Magpul makes a really nice stock for the FAL... my FNC in in jail, and I want to start lining things up while I wait. No prior experience with either, just hoping it can be done and didn't turn anything up with a search. Thanks.
  3. R

FNC: Any advantage to having sear only on F4?

Title says it. What is the advantage to buying a FNC with the sear being the only thing listed on the form4? (You can still only use the sear in a FNC, right?) Any advantage to seeking out a Howco stamped gun? I've probably overlooked something in my searches. If I have, apologies.
  4. R

UZI stock....woohoo! (pics)

Picked up an UZI stock for cheap from CF Systems a while back, and finally got around to building the adapter. The UZI stock shoulders and lines up noticeably better than the VZ58 stock I've been using....the only downfall is that it isn't as conducive to firing with the stock folded. Oh well, I...
  5. R

Dedicated M11-22 upper, barrel cutting, and adapters

My M11-22 kit should be getting fairly close so I'm preparing. I will dedicate a stock upper for this kit, so I'm planning to get the 9mm barrel cut back a bit so that a thread adapter will seat (seal) against the 9mm muzzle as some of you have done on your uppers. Question: Which adapter...
  6. R

RPB ship times

What are typical shipping times for RPB Industries? I ordered a in-stock M11/9 barrel 3 weeks ago, the order was acknowledged via email, and haven't heard anything since. I left phone message today, but no call back yet. Wondering if this is typical for them?
  7. R

PSA: .22 ammo

For you guys with the .22 conversions, I ran up on a good deal for Remington GB's. Brownells is running them for 16.99/525 bulk. Order 12 boxes and use coupon code DJ5, and you get $20 off (over $200 order). Add to this the current $12.95 ground shipping, and you have a pretty good deal IMO. I...
  8. R

Lage .22 mag loader fix

Like a few others, I broke my mag loader almost immediately after getting my .22 conversion kit. Lage was very prompt in a replacement, but since it seems to be a weak link I decided to come up with a fix. Some aluminum angle from Home Depot, JB Weld, and a little time, this is what I ended up...
  9. R

Max 11-22, OOB, questions

I was shooting my Max11-22 kit yesterday, trying several different ammo brands. Here is what I found: a) Remington Golden Bullets perform very well. (Duh, lol). I went through a brick in fairly short order. :D b) Federal bulk (Walmart type) functions pretty good, except there will be 2 to 3...
  10. R

Lage Max11/9 speed bolt

Anyone running the 900 rpm speed bolt? Do you like it, or is it too fast? I have the tactical bolt (750 rpm) version, and I'm thinking I'd like to up the rate a bit....I don't want the stock M11 'bullet-hose' rate though.
  11. R

A vision, a desire, and a scrap piece of angle iron.

I have been eyeballing the micro uzi stocks for awhile and decided to get one. Well, they are out of stock at PS, and it appears the price has shot up on them quite a bit from what I remembered it being anyway, so I tossed that option out. But I didn't give up. I'm difficult to please when it...
  12. R

Finally, the wait is over!

Purchased 1/7, approved 7/1. Then add an additional 17 days for the stamp to arrive, and I picked her up last evening. The upper and things have been waiting in limbo for it for the past 6 months....I hope it runs as good as it looks. :)
  13. R

Cutting down a MAX22/11 barrel

Has anyone cut down a MAX11/22 conversion barrel (to say, around 4" or so) to use as a dedicated .22 setup? My main goal is to keep ammo subsonic without having to use subsonic ammo. I have the MAX upper on hand, but have not seen a .22 conversion kit yet in person, so I don't know how the fit...
  14. R

The wait begins (sort of)

The ATF cashed my check yesterday, so I consider the waiting period officially started. Nine weeks since purchase, with 8 to 14 to go....what time frame is the examiner for 'W' turning things around in these days? I've got my Lage, mags, and ammo.....now I just need my stamp.
  15. R

Oh yeah, baby...that's right! (SMG)

I just purchased my first SMG today! I sent Ruben Mendiola a check for a 1985 'lightly used demo' M11/9, so I'm on my way and committed. Thanks for the advice regarding this to all who replied to my thread about new versus used...I listened. If things go really well, I'll be able to bring it...
  16. R

1st SMG...new our used?

I'm about to purchase my first SMG, a SWD M11/9. Is it worth it to save $300 and buy a used one (in good condition) over a new one? I'm gonna shoot this thing, so a new one will be used shortly after I get it anyway. I'm just not sure of the longevity and normal use these things can stand. My...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter