Search results

1. M

Ruger AC556 prices going crazy.

I agree with Offmarksman. The AC556 is considerably more controllable in a SAGE Chassis, with vertical foregrip, etc. It's also lots of fun to shoot from a bipod. As well, I like that it's a factory MG, and the side-folder gives it a very unique look; think early PDW. I traded-off my M10/45...
  2. M

AC556 Folding Stock Disassembly

I wonder if it would be possible to Cerakote the stock in the extended position? I recall seeing photos of M60joe's work on Mini's and AC556's where he refinished the OEM folding-stocks and fitted them to the old Butler Creek Stocks.
  3. M

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this gunsmith didn't want to disassemble the stock; he sent it back to me with a note that read "unable to disassemble." I don't think he attempted to take it apart. To me, it looked pretty straight forward, until I got to the butt stock retaining pin...
  4. M

As you can see in the photos, I was able to disassemble most of the components of the factory side-folding stock from my AC556. However, it looks like the Butt Plate Hinge Pin may be swedged into place. Anyone know how to remove it without milling it out? I have a spare stainless pin (shown in...
  5. M

Accuracy Systems has Mini-14 wood handguards for sale...

Accuracy Systems has Mini-14 wood handguards for sale: https://www.ruger-mini-14-firearms.com/HandGuard.php Hope this helps with figuring out a value/pricing. Randy
  6. M

Top cover play

I posted a similar question awhile back concerning a loose top cover on my Vector Uzi and how to fix the issue. I've always wondered why there hasn't been a "how to," pictorial posted on this site illustrating exactly how to do it; great for visual learners like me. The majority of responses to...
  7. M

Wtk: value of M11 .380 project and advice on how to sell it

There was an early PS M11/380 (skinny mag well), gun with PS single-stage suppressor, Nomex suppressor cover, magazines, fitted case, and a DeSantis shoulder rig that just sold today on GB. The early PS 380 guns are uncommon, and even with all the accessories included, it only sold for $7K.
  8. M

Parts kit question

I don't think there are any differences, but you do want to find a complete kit (i.e., selector arm assembly, link positioner, etc.). There have been a couple of parts kits for sale on GB for awhile now. Also, David Spiwak occasionally has them in stock. I don't think he has any right now, but...
  9. M

Factory Sling

I gave him the sling. It was the one that originally came with my gun. I only sent him the sling; not the sling w/QD swivel. The ones you are selling are indeed the real deal; brand new and in perfect working condition! I know, I bought two from you. Thanks again for the great deal on them.
  10. M

New Stock

Awhile back I spoke with someone at SAGE. They offered to modify the stock if I was willing to send them my gun. Shipping isn't cheap. Knowing that the issue can be remedied with a file is good news.
  11. M

New Stock

The 30-round mags are not tight in my OEM folder, but they really got hung-up in the Sage stock. The were getting caught on the front magazine latch retaining pin. Maybe my mags just need broken-in? They were brand new when I got them. Do you think that could be a possible issue?
  12. M

New Stock

Looks really good! Glad to hear that you found it made your AC more controllable. Now you have to try shooting it prone off a bipod. Did you try the 30-round mags? If so, did they come out easily, or were they getting hung-up?
  13. M

M11/Nine Cracked Sight Plate?

They did have two on Gunbroker last week. I think both of the guns sold for under $8K, and came with accessories, too.
  14. M

I'm passing on this one for sure! I just wanted to continue to share my experience. Now, more than ever, I really think it's important to look at what you are going to buy. If you can't, do that, agree to have whatever it is you are buying sent off to a respected gunsmith for an elevation and/or...
  15. M

Well, I went to look at the M11/9 today. Seller is firm on $8K for the gun only; no accessories. Below is a photo of the sight plate (I can post more later). Perhaps I'm incorrect, but to me it looks like the existing plate was just re-welded. You can see lots of bubbles in the welds, too. As I...
  16. M

I was, but with the Tenko 11/16 coming and increasing value of the SWD M11/9, I thought it might be a better buy. Also, I will not have to part with my other MG's to fund the purchase.
  17. M

Thanks to everyone that replied and offered suggestions. I really appreciate it! At this point, it looks like Sam did all the repairs on this gun; just waiting on a confirmation. If Sam did the work, then I can be confident that everything was repaired correctly and that it should be good to go...
  18. M

So, I decided to contact the seller about the possible damage. He confirmed that the sight plate had indeed been damaged, and that the photos were old; taken before the repairs. Now, I need to find out who made the repairs. Hopefully, it was Sam.
  19. M

Sam looked at the photos and thinks the plate looks broken. I asked him to give me a guestimate. The price is already high on this M11/9 - $8K for just the gun without any accessories. Thanks for the advice!
  20. M

Sam could fix this, but maybe I should pass on this one. What do you think?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter