Cleaned my integral suppressed 10/22!

FlyingBrass

UZI Talk Supporter
Wow what a difference it made. My gun was real nasty. It was not even ejecting properly. It was getting loud and I was ashamed to shoot it.

Now it is real easy to the ear.
Everyone go clean something!

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I've got to tell you guys about a great product.
This cleaner is AWESOME and NO I am in NO way associated with this company.
Slip 2000 cleaner
Some guys I shoot with told me about it at the last shot show.
I went to their booth on Friday. Spoke to the guys and they gave me a small bottle of the stuff about 8 oz that I could fit my Gemtech Hornet baffle stack in and to tell them how it worked the next day. The Hornet is a FA 22LR suppressor designed for the AM180. I shoot a lot of FA 22LR with my Ciener kit in my M16. I was skeptical but hey it was free!
I took my Hornet apart and figured I couldn't really see how well it worked since the actual baffle stack is welded together so I took the spacer bushing out and decided to let it soak in that stuff overnight. This thing had about an 1/8" thick of lead/carbon build up and I usually have to scrap it off with a hammer and chisel/punch.
I was amazed that over night some parts were down to the bare metal. Not the whole thing but still just to see it breaking it down that much is very impressive. I put it in there for two weeks and it broke down almost all of the lead/carbon.
I did take some before after pics but I haven't transferred them to my PC yet.
On top of all that it is NON-toxic and biodegradeable. It kinda smells like "Fast Orange".
The next day I was so impressed, I bought like 4 bottles of the cleaner and they convinced me to try their lube. So far I think I like the lube also but I haven't done enough shooting to say for sure. I can tell you that I do like it better than Break Free. I used to use break free in my Ciener kit and find that this stuff works better and somehow has less fouling. I usually have to clean the kit sooner with Break Free.

osprey21

UZI Talk Life Member
I tried some SLIP 2000 cleaner on amphibians advice and it works great. The internals, from what I can see of them, in my .22 suppressor look brand new !

Happy-Happy :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter