FYI, SMG Match July 28th, DFW, TX

dfwglockguy

Subgun shooters,

Proactive Defense will be having it’s first Subgun match on July 28th. Sign in will be at 8:00 to 8:15am Briefing will be at 8:30 am and we will run two stages simultaneously. I have two subgun instructors to help me run the match in addition to myself; that will make three Law Enforcement Subgun instructors at your disposal. There will be 2 classes of guns; open and stock. Red dots and beta mags will be in the open group. Stock will be a stock gun with no mods..

This will be fun and we should be done before it gets hot.

WHAT TO BRING:

We will plan the stages for about 200 to 250 rounds of ammo. You will need at least 3 thirty round magazines per stage or the equivalent. You will not need 90 rounds per stage but magazine changes will be required.

We will have a variety of steel targets to shoot at and some challenging stages. Bring a case for your subgun to store the firearm in during non shooting times. This is for safety as well as protection for your expensive firearms. I have rifle racks for rifles but not for the short subguns. Pistol calibers only, due to the steel targets.

Scoring will be accomplished on a time basis, with the fastest time being the winner. Penalties will be time based, 5 seconds per penalty. The object will be to neutralize the target with the prescribed number of rounds called for during that stage.

Scores for the match will be posted on the Proactive Defense facebook page as soon as we can get them up.

SAFETY:

Safety rules will follow standard IDPA match rules:
No muzzles pointed above the berms, even while reloading
Do not break the 180 rule
Do not point the muzzle at any part of your body
Fingers off the trigger when moving
Flagrant violations of the safety protocols will cause disqualification. If we can give a warning we will, but if it is dangerous we will call it. If you shoot competition eventually you will get disqualified, which makes us think about what we are doing. We had to disqualify a pistol shooter this weekend.
Open bolt guns will have the bolt closed after checking the chamber before casing
Closed bolt guns will have the bolt open after checking the chamber before casing.

LOCATION AND DRESS:

Dress for the weather, bring water and enjoy our shade. My range is on the Quail Creek Range Property behind the office. Our location is at I-35W and FM 1171 (one exit North of Texas Motor Speedway). Exit the freeway and turn west and the dirt road dead ends into the range complex. You can follow the road directly beside the classroom up to the top of the hill. My cell phone number is 817-919-7990. Due to the large number of shooters we expect, we need all of you to park in the parking lot and walk up the hill, or call me and I can come pick you up in my special electric car.

I look forward to seeing all of you.

COSTS:
30 dollars per shooter, and 10 dollars for a second gun.

Chris Rainey
Proactive Defense
"When Your Life Depends on Your Training"

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
count me in. I will be the guy in the chuck norris t-shirt and speedo

jt526

UZI Talk Life Member
I will try and make it, it'll be my first subgun match. Are speedo's required? Where can I find one with molle/PALS?

Now that I think about it, the molle man-thong market has probably yet to be developed. Off to the trademark office.

Wetworks

UZI Talk Supporter
Damn wife has locked up next weekend :(.
Keep us posted on when you put on another match, as I would love to try it out.

okpud

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks to the whole Proactive Defense team for putting on a great match!

280279_352357718171616_1461512512_o.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter