M11/15 Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Forgetting Ciener's reputation for the last 20 years.... that is awesome.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Haha I think the most promising belt fed type arrangement for this upper would be the Colt / Ciener conversion. It requires no top cover. Some mods to the upper / carrier, but certainly could be doable (potentially). I don't mean for this to muddy up this thread. Just food for thought.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=1087

Here is the link of my wife running a "500 rd burst" that is in post #520:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFcxuOzsoXA

Forgetting Ciener's reputation for the last 20 years.... that is awesome.

It is my understanding that Ciener did not come up with the original design, Colt did. It is my understanding that the Colt patent had expired when Ciener made his copy. Valkyrie Armaments updated the design by adding an external bolt catch activation lever. This system uses a modified M27 link. The design was then "rented" by Slidefire and a further up date was done such that the system can use standard links. They sell a Colt 6920 that has been modified for use with the belt feed module http://www.slidefire.com/products/rifles/bfr-556a for $3,500.

Scott

Last edited:

DistalRadius

Wow, that belt-feed conversion is pretty brilliant. Never seen a feed mech like that one. Seems much simpler then the cam-track/reciprocating pawl arrangement of most belt-feds, Makes one wonder why it wasn't developed further by Colt. I bet the ordnance guys probably hated all the external moving parts.

Say what you will about Ciener, I certainly won't disagree; but he was one of the few guys working on civilian MGs back in the day. His .22 conversions are pretty ingenious too.

The line about Ciener "standing tall" did make me chuckle though.

SecondAmend

Wow, that belt-feed conversion is pretty brilliant. Never seen a feed mech like that one. Seems much simpler then the cam-track/reciprocating pawl arrangement of most belt-feds, Makes one wonder why it wasn't developed further by Colt. I bet the ordnance guys probably hated all the external moving parts.

Say what you will about Ciener, I certainly won't disagree; but he was one of the few guys working on civilian MGs back in the day. His .22 conversions are pretty ingenious too.

The line about Ciener "standing tall" did make me chuckle though.

With respect to the .22 conversions, Ciener bought the patent rights to the M16/AR-15 .22 conversion from the inventor, Max Atchisson. The "Hohrein" Mini-14/AC556 conversion Ciener sells is also not a Ciener invention; that one is from Hohrein's patent. I don't know about the other .22 conversions that he sells.

PDXsparky

UZI Talk Supporter
We should start a poll: how many will be on "the list" by the time it gets AFT approval.

grezy

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm number 19 on the list but I thought it was for the M 11 A1 also ,found out that that will come later after the M 11's so I'm holding the position now I don't even have an M 11 right now ,I've got an M11 A1

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Wow almost 290.. I'm sitting pretty good at 29 (maybe 28 or 27) I know Richard has lots of experience running a production & wait list like this- I wonder what the rate of buyers is.. I.E. do 90% of those on the wait list end up taking their item when their number comes up? Maybe 80%? I'm going to assume 90% and hope that puts me at 27 instead of 29.. this is like waiting for an NFA Stamp.. or Christmas.. exciting! Thanks Richard for second Christmas!!

agriebel

Wow almost 290.. I'm sitting pretty good at 29 (maybe 28 or 27) I know Richard has lots of experience running a production & wait list like this- I wonder what the rate of buyers is.. I.E. do 90% of those on the wait list end up taking their item when their number comes up? Maybe 80%? I'm going to assume 90% and hope that puts me at 27 instead of 29.. this is like waiting for an NFA Stamp.. or Christmas.. exciting! Thanks Richard for second Christmas!!

I would think 25% will not complete the sale.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
I would think 25% will not complete the sale.

That's optimistic- depending on your perspective.. I could be lucky 21 or so if that was the case! Either way, not too relevant- 290 or 29 I'm prepared for the long wait.

ElCid94

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm number 19 on the list but I thought it was for the M 11 A1 also ,found out that that will come later after the M 11's so I'm holding the position now I don't even have an M 11 right now ,I've got an M11 A1

I am #206 and #207. I'll trade you my #206, my 2018 first round draft pick and my fifth round draft pick... for your #19!

JohnnyE

UZI Talk Supporter

REALLY? Was it Richard who said Lage will do the M11-A1 next, or was it the always willing to be quoted "they" who said it? I will get at least one, and likely three, for my M11-A1's.

yzfchet

UZI Talk Instigator, UZI Talk Life Member,
My hat's off to you 200 or lower numbered guys on the list. Typically, 2 to 3 years and 100 to 200 units are needed to really debug the designs. I'll wait a couple of years until the first few hundred or so have been thoroughly wrung out and tweaks have been implemented. And if the Tech Branch hasn't pulled a fast one by then (as they have been known to do) I'll ask to get on the list. The thousands of rounds of M193, M855, M856, and API left over from my RR days aren't going anywhere.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Number 17 on the list!! I just picked up some of the X Products drums that are currently on sale. I'm hoping the final magwell design mimics an AR receiver enough for these drums to fit.

https://www.xproducts.com/product/x-15-50-round-drum-magazine-ar-15-m16/

Surefire 60s are half the price sometimes, and known as reliable I am told. Something to check out if you can stand a little longer mag than that drum

Botach does this occasionally
https://www.slickguns.com/product/s...anodized-aluminum-m4-m16-and-ar15?mobile=true

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter