New MAX-11/15 Videos

beltfed

UZI Talk Supporter
You would run steel 5.45 and 7.62 through this upper but not 5.56? Why? If you said you didn't run steel period that would be one thing, but you obviously don't have a problem running steel...

When I had my RLL host in 5.45 & 7.62 ran ok after m60 Joe worked on chambers. 5.56 would not run with out sticking bad only ran brass case 5.56.
Never run brass after Steel case without cleaning. Only problems were broken extractors. No other problems found after many cases of steel case ammo.
7.62 needed a different firing pin for reliable bang & never fed reliably in the ar platform.
7.62 Sucked in f/a beet shooter & gun bad .
Just my 2 cents after a lot of money spent trying to make it work

gotgraham

When I had my RLL host in 5.45 & 7.62 ran ok after m60 Joe worked on chambers. 5.56 would not run with out sticking bad only ran brass case 5.56.
Never run brass after Steel case without cleaning. Only problems were broken extractors. No other problems found after many cases of steel case ammo.
7.62 needed a different firing pin for reliable bang & never fed reliably in the ar platform.
7.62 Sucked in f/a beet shooter & gun bad .
Just my 2 cents after a lot of money spent trying to make it work

With the way the open bolt system works in the M11/15, there isn't much issue running 7.62 in terms of 'going bang' reliability. I have run thousands of rounds through my homebuilt M11/9 AK upper with no problems. It's using AK mags however, so that might be the weak point of feed reliability of the AR plarform with 7.62 ammo. I can definitely say that feeding 7.62 out of AK mags via an AR style bolt and into an AR barrel does indeed work reliably.

Also, can't wait to get my M11/15! #6 :)

ElCid94

UZI Talk Supporter
I read through these threads and just shake my head in utter amazement.
People complaining about price when the topic is NFA. Seriously?....

....Thank you Mak91 and Lage

Amen... from me in the back pew of the church.

Last edited:

beltfed

UZI Talk Supporter
With the way the open bolt system works in the M11/15, there isn't much issue running 7.62 in terms of 'going bang' reliability. I have run thousands of rounds through my homebuilt M11/9 AK upper with no problems. It's using AK mags however, so that might be the weak point of feed reliability of the AR plarform with 7.62 ammo. I can definitely say that feeding 7.62 out of AK mags via an AR style bolt and into an AR barrel does indeed work reliably.

Also, can't wait to get my M11/15! #6 :)

Actually I did run AK mags. I have an old AR47 made by Special Weapons inc. I did with (modified 5.45 mags) get that round to run very well. The distance from the chamber & front of round was to close, big fat case needed more room to feed.
We all have different results, if something is close to failing give it to me it will :bang

speeddemon02

Ericoak I currently only have AKs for 7.62/5.45 and ARs for 5.56. Besides being paid for my once fired NATO 5.56 brass, there is a reason AKs are designed for steel and ARs are designed for brass and I follow that reasoning since thats all I currently have. Things can always change.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Well said. Thank you and you are welcome!

No Richard, THANK YOU!

More so for putting up with some of the screw balls that really let their colors show.

Now back to the dungeon so you can move onto the M-10 version!!!
Rich

SneakySh0rty

I have no problem with the price,I paid almost that much for a sabre and I'm sure the max15 will be a hell of a lot better.(lighter,smaller package,easy to strip down,easy mag changes and most important customer support )I just hope he keeps the ball rolling with new uppers. After he scales the max15 up and down for daddy and baby macs I wish, wish, wish, he would make a 762x39 ak mag upper,dedicated 22 upper that takes 10/22 mags and drums and a shrike type belt fed upper.all very possible.that list should keep him busy for years while the price of macs shoot to the moon.
(Macs the new Dias)

wait is this truly in the works as well? understandable if way down the line, but that would be awesome!

LawBob

wait is this truly in the works as well? understandable if way down the line, but that would be awesome!

He’s said he plans on m10
And m11a1 but only after the m11/9 is completed. He is not taking numbers for a list yet.

Ericoak

Is Lage going to let people sell their spot?

I mean its one thing if the person actually buys the upper, but it seems entirely different to just let someone move their name into your spot for money.

Ericoak

Someone is "selling" their #11 spot on ar15.com for $850. Is there anyone stupid enough to actually pay for that?

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
To be honest I think this kind of posting to sell a spot in horrible!! Aren’t/isn’t these forums supposed to bring us together as a community and help each other in a positive way??? How is selling a position in line helping! Besides lining someone’s pockets!!!

Someone is "selling" their #11 spot on ar15.com for $850. Is there anyone stupid enough to actually pay for that?

LawBob

To be honest I think this kind of posting to sell a spot in horrible!! Aren’t/isn’t these forums supposed to bring us together as a community and help each other in a positive way??? How is selling a position in line helping! Besides lining someone’s pockets!!!

You should buy it and resell it. Take the risk. Not sell your spot.

And you should return 3 GG mags that were lent to you 2 years ago. Wouldn’t want to line your pockets with someone else’s actual property.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I’m a believer in not allowing someone to sell his spot. When I sell here I give a good deal. Not a gunbroker price. That spot should be given to a friend. Or raffle off for $100 and that $100 given to the forum as a gift.

I post good deals I find 1-2 times a month to help members. Charging for your place in line is not in keeping with the ethics of the forum in my opinion.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter