Pindad at SHOT Show 2024 (Indonesian FNC imports??)

howdy

Apparently, Pindad is at SHOT this year. Haven't seen any videos from their booth yet, but I've read some speculation they may be aiming to break into the US commercial market.

No idea how reliable or related the images and comments in the below-linked thread are, but there are images of an SS1 (FNC), a Beretta M12 clone that's listed as roller-delayed blowback, what appears to be a 9mm FNC/Scar derivative using MP5 mags listed as gas-operated, and a number of other guns. I put the page through a translator to read the comments, which seem to have the impression Pindad is looking to bring guns to the US:

There's a photo of their booth/table here with their SS1/FNC, but you have to register to blow it up (blown up image now attached to post):

Here's another discussion of it:

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be an LE-only bid. (Flyers say "target shooting" and "home defense" so it certainly seems commercial!)

If anyone here is at SHOT, I would be very interested to hear whether they already have a state-side entity, or a relationship with an importer/distributor.

Edit: I attached the full-size photo of their table. The QR code leads to a PDF products flyer with sales contact info, and a promo reel.

Attachments

• GErdvilaAAAd4Hb.jpg
    GErdvilaAAAd4Hb.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

howdy

Through word of mouth, someone who allegedly spoke to Pindad at SHOT says they're for civilian sales, and already set up for importation, with a dealer cost of $2,000 for the SS1 (FNC). And the PM1 (M12) is a limited release of 1,600 guns. Again, just word of mouth, remains to be confirmed. But I've now seen more awareness of Pindad there (saw a photo of Ian McCollum at their booth), so perhaps we'll see a video interview soon with all the details.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
My pal took these pictures for me at SHOT

Attachments

• IMG_6778.jpeg
    IMG_6778.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6779.jpeg
    IMG_6779.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 29

APEXgunparts

I can tell you right now that ATF won't approve the import as a pistol.
Put on a stock and try again, it won't be approved because it is "non-sporting"
This is a recent change from the ATF imports branch.
Another importer we have direct contact with was ready to go with something quite similar, guns were built, bought and paid for and ATF told them they would no longer approve the import of a non-sporting military type semi-auto as a pistol because the stocks get installed here in the USA too often creating an illegal configuration.

All the senior ATF staff was at Shot Show.
We attended the F.A.I.R. Trade meeting with ATF.
This wasn't discussed at that meeting because it had been already discussed in a meeting with ATF, the importer and their attorneys.

Richard

Galil#1

They should file for discrimination against a 3rd. world country by A another T tyrannical F fraud ha ha!

Icer

Well this development was certainly unexpected!
I don't see any reason my full auto bolt carrier can't be swapped into one of these uppers, checked for proper headspace, and then beat like a rented mule... or maybe weld up a trip on the new Indo bolt carrier and just swap uppers.
Or maybe just have my sear installed in the new lower.
The possibilities are endless... :D
This development could keep Curtis Higgins at S&H Arms busy for years!

Kalashnikev

This is a recent change from the ATF imports branch.
This wasn't discussed at that meeting because it had been already discussed in a meeting with ATF, the importer and their attorneys.
If true, that would mean no more MKE MP5s after the currently approved import license runs out, no more CZ Scorpions, Stribogs, no new Knife-MAC MP5s (I assume that's who you are talking about), or anything that comes in as a pistol.

Some of those importers are large businesses that can command the attention of congresspersons.

It could take months to get the BATFE to flip on this decision...

They always flip though.

APEXgunparts

If true, that would mean no more MKE MP5s after the currently approved import license runs out, no more CZ Scorpions, Stribogs, no new Knife-MAC MP5s (I assume that's who you are talking about), or anything that comes in as a pistol.

Some of those importers are large businesses that can command the attention of congresspersons.

It could take months to get the BATFE to flip on this decision...

They always flip though.

The MKE MP5's have a true pistol length barrel and are not in a rifle caliber, so there import is not effected.
And yes, the large importer I discussed this with, who got hosed already on a rifle caliber pistol version of what would have been a popular rifle has hired a lobbyist to get the word to the US Congress.
So far they haven't been able to make any headway with their ATF issues regarding imports.

Richard

Kalashnikev

The MKE MP5's have a true pistol length barrel ...

"True pistol length barrel?"

I would say that a "TPLB" is about 4.5"~5" like... P226/ G17 ~ M9/ M1911.

A full-size MP5 is about double that.

I was about to give it a Google, but then I realized- that's just something you made up.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
So how long are the FNC barrels 14.5, 16, 12 inches?

Cause there are a whole lot of 556 pistols coming in for sale like that.
Those CZ Brens come to mind.

My H&K sp5 is 8.8 inches so that is double your normal pistol length.
By normal I'm meaning glock, sig, colt. Or any other semi 9mm common handgun.

8.8 inches is,normal for any handgun,of that size.
CZ scorpion, stiborg, MKE, & others.

Also have read MKE or another turkish importer was imorpting the 53 & 93.
Along with ehat ever the 308 version is.

Anyways pindad gets them in I'm buying one or three!
Along with the PM 12 if I can get my mitts,on that one too!

dvader

Well this development was certainly unexpected!
I don't see any reason my full auto bolt carrier can't be swapped into one of these uppers, checked for proper headspace, and then beat like a rented mule... or maybe weld up a trip on the new Indo bolt carrier and just swap uppers.
Or maybe just have my sear installed in the new lower.
The possibilities are endless... :D
This development could keep Curtis Higgins at S&H Arms busy for years!
There is a reason why you won't legally be able to do that. Out there somewhere is the ATF letter that ruled that the FNC upper receiver is the firearm. The letter also states the registered FNC sears can only be used with FN FNCs legally imported into the US. Sorry to be the wet blanket.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter