Where are all the .45 MAC-10s ??

regalgseguy

Anyone else notice that Full Auto MAC-10s in 45ACP are pretty scarce on the class 3 adds right now. Seems to be a fair amt of 9mm and .380 but .45 are hard to find. Wonder why? just glad I have my PS .45

Quake Guy

they have seemed scarce for a year or two now. the 9mm and 380 guns always seem more plentiful. If you want a 9mm, most people go for the M11/9. If you get a MAC10, you can shoot both 45 and 9mm. There also seems to be a relatively low number of other MGs that can shoot .45 too.

Shattered

There also seems to be a relatively low number of other MGs that can shoot .45 too.

Meh... there are enough. Not even mentioning Thompson, consider the HK MP5's that have been converted to 45 as well as the Uzi, the Reising, the AR 45 uppers and the US made versions of the Swedish K. And I have Thompsons (2), Reisings (2), one AR-45 (Olympic) and a Fleming MP-45 that I recently sold. Only had one Mac 45, a PS that I sold, NIB 18 something years ago. Doubled my money!!! I got $600 for it!

Dolphinvet

Meh... there are enough. Not even mentioning Thompson, consider the HK MP5's that have been converted to 45 as well as the Uzi, the Reising, the AR 45 uppers and the US made versions of the Swedish K. And I have Thompsons (2), Reisings (2), one AR-45 (Olympic) and a Fleming MP-45 that I recently sold. Only had one Mac 45, a PS that I sold, NIB 18 something years ago. Doubled my money!!! I got $600 for it!

I bought my MAC10/45 a few months back with suppressor and extras for $2,900. How prices have changed. Might be a moot point if Obama gets reelected though. He could put the stops on all of it by executive order (or so I've been told). Maybe I'm just paranoid.

mmi

45 are harder on zombies 9mm just bounce off
there alot cheaper than a tommy guns

root

UZI Talk Supporter
There is one in my safe.
Dolphin vet has one @ a dealer in BATFE jail somewhere.

So that accounts for two of them LOL.

agriebel

I bought my MAC10/45 a few months back with suppressor and extras for $2,900. How prices have changed. Might be a moot point if Obama gets reelected though. He could put the stops on all of it by executive order (or so I've been told). Maybe I'm just paranoid.

We would probably be the only people that would be allowed to keep them....they are registered!

Sid T.

UZI Talk Life Member
The scarcity of M10/45's seems to be the opposite of what I've found.
When I decided to get into F/A, the MAC's were the low cost solution and the M10/45 made the most sense (well, to me anyway) so I've acquired a couple of them but the idea of a lighter 9mm F/A with easy to obtain .22 uppers appealed to me so a few months back I started looking.
What I've found is that the M10/45's have been the most common, then the M11's in .380 and then the M10/9's. There has been the odd M11/9 but not many and the price's were all silly.
Probably subjective but that's my $0.02 worth.

jt.kline

The scarcity of M10/45's seems to be the opposite of what I've found.
When I decided to get into F/A, the MAC's were the low cost solution and the M10/45 made the most sense (well, to me anyway) so I've acquired a couple of them but the idea of a lighter 9mm F/A with easy to obtain .22 uppers appealed to me so a few months back I started looking.
What I've found is that the M10/45's have been the most common, then the M11's in .380 and then the M10/9's. There has been the odd M11/9 but not many and the price's were all silly.
Probably subjective but that's my $0.02 worth.
Yea few months ago i was looking for an M10 and it was pretty easy to find. Last year my M11/9 was easy to find I remember finding a few and tried getting them for a good price. Id buy an M11/9 again if i found one at a good price. but it seems like the m11/9s are pretty scarce and the ones that people do see somebodies trying to retire from there M11. I enjoy my M11/9 so much that I hardly shoot anything else, and when ever I go out shooting the M11 is always there lol.

billsail

UZI Talk Life Member
Anyone else notice that Full Auto MAC-10s in 45ACP are pretty scarce on the class 3 adds right now. Seems to be a fair amt of 9mm and .380 but .45 are hard to find. Wonder why? just glad I have my PS .45

Been hearing some back channel chatter that Richard is developing some new toys for the M10/45 and that the guys in the know are buying theirs before Richard announces...

Don't know, just speculating...

mmi

i tried to get an uzi but they are harder to find . but was tired of living with out fa . just sent check so long wait ahead .
paid 4010 + tx for mac 10 .45 + bowers
good deal ?

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Hopefully the well has not run dry?
Heck, that only makes your NIB PS .45 that much sweeter. ;)

Short term, it's just another election year panic buying cycle much like we saw four years ago, and people are buying rather than selling. I think the lousy economy shook out a lot of toys bought with credit and market prices for many toys tanked. People lost their jobs and toys are always the first thing to go when you have to eat. Harleys, boats, jet skis, classic cars, lake houses, and machine guns. Two years ago it was a NFA buyers market that's now over. We've never seen M-16s and MACs sell for this kind of money. Still, my friend Mike keeps reminding me these are the good old days right now and he's right.

I'm betting the Internet has been responsible for the unprecedented surge in sales and registration of suppressors and SBRs. I consider these to be gateway NFA items. After people see how easy it was to acquire them and that the BATF didn't break down their door and shot their dog, they'll want a machine gun.

MAC type firearms have long been the entry price level gun and that's still true today. I'll bet they'll easily hit five grand in less five years for a well used example. These are the good old days right now. Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep.

sillycon

Five years to hit five grand seems like a stretch to me. I've already seen a few *BEAT* guns with no accessories/extras sell locally for $4000-4500; seems insane to me, given that less than a year ago I got a NIB M11/9 for $2500 along with a pile of new mags but it is what it is.

Dolphinvet

I'm probably going to buy a few more full autos this year, with prices going up and the political climate uncertain, I still think they're good investments no matter that the prices seem insane. I see them getting even more insane. Just look for good deals if you can. I may bid on a couple of them in the auction this coming week (James Julia).

Sid T.

UZI Talk Life Member
Better than the stock market, and I can have fun with them too. I wouldn't buy a silencer as an investment, but I would a machine gun and a few others that are difficult to find if you get them at the right price.

My sentiments entirely, they're still making silencers, SBR's, SBS's, etc. but transferable machine guns are a fixed supply and the chances of that changing are infinitely remote, no matter who's elected.
Increasing demand and a fixed supply, guess which way prices are going?
As the man says, they're fun to play with too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter