Search results

1. davep32618

Runs flawless in SA, FTE in FA

Hey all, It has been years since I've been on here, maybe decade. I was amazed that I remembered my login name & password and that it worked! Anyway, I took the Uzi out today after 4 years. Semiautomatic runs flawlessly. Full auto seems to be a Failure to Eject causing a jam in full auto. It...
  2. davep32618

300AAC Upper

http://300aacblackout.com/ http://www.deltacompanyarms.com/PRODUCTS.html Anyone have one of these? Sounds impressive, but one of those things I'd like to shoot before I buy.
  3. davep32618

Requirements for building my own firearm

Ok, I've decided to start building my own SA firearms. I would like to build a SA Kommando and an Uzi (since both use similar parts). What are the regulatory requirements (markings, registration, etc..)? I know I can build, but I cannot find anything on the ATF website or in general web...
  4. davep32618

Uzi Function Check

I haven't been to the range in awhile, took my bolt gun, amazingly, even with a new president on the way, it still works. Dave
  5. davep32618

Child killed with Uzi at MG shoot, Oh ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/ap_on_re_us/boy_shoots_himself Boy, 8, shot to death in Mass. gun show accident Buzz Up Send Email IM Share Digg Facebook Newsvine del.icio.us Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print 34 mins agoWESTFIELD, Mass. – An 8-year-old boy died...
  6. davep32618

And the Uzi makes the "news" again.

See the 2nd to the last paragraph from the bottom, the rest is probably not worth your time. http://news.yahoo.com/page/parade/bale Dave
  7. davep32618

Uzi problems from hell

All, I sent my Uzi to Vector a few weeks ago because of failure to feed and a few updates. Added SMG sear and barrel. It is a B&G bolt gun, when it came back it fired worse than it ever did. I spoke to the person who worked on it today and he said he put 200 rounds through it and it was...
  8. davep32618

Converting to SMG specs

All, I have decided to have Vector convert my Uzi Bolt gun to SMG specs (leaving the blocking bar in place of course!), but I am wondering is it legal for me to sell the semi barrel that is cut down to 10". I am thinking not, but then again I could not find a reference for it. It seems to me...
  9. davep32618

9mm Ammo for FA

All, I have used a few relaods, but almost exclusively WWB in my FA Uzi. I am thinking about buying 10,000 rounds and I was considering Wolf ammo. I would like to hear some opinions, before I take the plunge. I guess I should buy various types and just try them, but I would like to hear...
  10. davep32618

Make an Uzi travel case

All, I would like to take my Uzi to various locations, legally allowed by law. I would like to take some type of aluminum airline approved travel case and place foam cut outs in it for the Uzi and accessories, including ~20 mags. Is there an easy way to do this that looks professional? Does...
  11. davep32618

My new Uzi

It's not FA, but I couldn't resist and the price was right. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=299564 Dave
  12. davep32618

FTF

All, I thought I had my Mod. B bolt gun fixed, because I was having FTE, and the extractor was bad, however, upon replacing it, I am now having FTF. I am thinking about just sending it to Vector, having it brought up to SMG specs and asking that a 1000 rounds be put through it before I get...
  13. davep32618

MGI Lower

All, I have just ordered an MGI lower through my FFL, I need some advice on what to get for an upper. I want this to be a shooter and I may drop in a RLL later. This is my first AR-15, but since I am a lefty (I can shoot proficiently RH, thanks to the Army, but I prefer LH), I was thinking...
  14. davep32618

Best way into an M-16

All, I have an Uzi and love it, but I prefer the versatility of the M16 or AR15 conversion. Here lies my problem, my Uzi is a bolt gun, which I have no problems with, no regrets and a potential buyer, who would easily give me what I have into it. That said, I could probably go to $9-11k, BUT...
  15. davep32618

New .380 by Ruger

I've been a long fan of Kel-Tec's and I think that they have finally proven themselves as a leader in the CCW market, especially since Ruger has either licensed or copied the design of the P3AT. But it is nice to see big names getting into the market. http://www.ruger.com/LCP/ compare to...
  16. davep32618

RAK-12 SAIGA Conversion

All, I just picked up my Red Jacket Firearms RAK-12 conversion from my FFL (transfered from Atlantic Firearms, who are great to deal with BTW, packing was excellent with the shotgun in a padded case). Let's just say I'm a bit finicky when it comes to firearms, so this is only my first...
  17. davep32618

Uzi and 5320.20

All, I need some instructions on the 5320.20, I live in FL and I would like to take my Uzi to WI where I own property on multiple ocassions (it is legal to own a MG there). Can I fill out one form for the whole year I have heard you guys mention this, but I don't quite understand how I would...
  18. davep32618

Pics of Bolt wear

All, Could someone please post pics of a FA bolt and show me if you have any "normal" wear on the top of the bolt. Mine seems to have to wear marks from the top cover and I want to know if it is normal. Thanks, Dave
  19. davep32618

Traveling with my FA

All, I know this has been discussed before, but I could not find it. Could someone tell me the BATF form that I will need if I want to transport my FA Uzi to another state temporarily. Thanks, Dave P.S. I just got an AK under folder (Romanian, I beleive it was a WASR-10 with the mage well...
  20. davep32618

Converting my FA to SA

All, Here is the stupid question of the day. I bought my B&G registered bolt gun about a year back (for $5600, which I thought was a good deal). It runs like a top, FA, SA, however, what would it take to make the recevier a "legal" SA if I so choose. If the lower has to be changed back, then...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter