Gave up on Calico

skunkape

It's great that they want to turn out a nice product but if you take peoples money on a promis of delivery in 90 days it isn't to much to ask to return their money a year later wen you didn't deliver. If he hadn't taken peoples money and promised 90 day delivery he wouldn't of created this problem that he doesn't seem to have time for.

bruh44

I saw a few pages back were someone mentioned a law suite. I have tried to get my CC to retract the funds, but apperently they don't do that more than 6 months out. I'm still waiting for a final desision, but I would be in for that assuming my CC won't help.

LGustin

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Supporter,
I am still waiting on the BBB. The last update I had from them was they have not gotten any response from Calico, imagine that. My next step is file a lawsuit. Based on all the communication I have put forth and no willingness to resolve I am under the impression Calico does not intend to deliver. I have never filed a law suit so I am not sure how to go about starting it, any suggestions??

Mike85220

If Calico takes your money and gives you nothing, that would be pure theft.
I agree on that aspect.

I just doubt that when they receive the contracted parts that it will come down to that. They will assemble and ship the uppers is what I believe will happen.

I have been waiting a long time to beta test the M-11/9 .22 conversion for Lage. The contracted magazine is what is taking so long. The .22 kit has been a project that has went back to the drawing board a few times. The newest kit is a go, but now the magazines are what is the crutch.

In other words, projects can be a PITA.

Energizer

we waited over 1-1.5 years for the Max-10, right? but that was probably easier to design since the Max-11 was a good starting point...

skunkape

Energizer said:
we waited over 1-1.5 years for the Max-10, right? but that was probably easier to design since the Max-11 was a good starting point...

Yes, but Richard didn't have a dime of our money and he gave us update but no promise of a delivery date. Calico on the other hand has their customers money for a product that they promised deliver on a long time ago and doesn't have time to explain them selfs. I understand thing may have happened that caused them not to be able to deliver but why aren't they returning customers money that want out?

okent

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Calico, just saying that things happen that delay projects.
Also, MikeD HAS refunded customers money.
I am a usually the guy who thinks the best of people and sometimes get burned but I completely understand the legitimate complaints everyone has.
I just decided to ride it to the end, good or bad.

p.s. that MD drum is going to be the cats a$$!

gt3499a

We need a liaison badly on this deal. I asked Mike at Tornado Technologies to look in on the Calico project 6 or 8 months ago but he never got around to it. Who on here lives near-by?

osprey21

UZI Talk Life Member
Wow, glad now I passed on this.

Good luck to all who sent a deposit.

okent

Vegas SMG said:
I'm sure I'll be sorry I didn't have a deposit down on one for my Tromix conversion, BUT, I'm all done with deposits.

Don't sweat it Vegas.
MikeD will be coming out with a second run which will cost a little more but no deposit required.
It may make a difference of 2-3 months if my guess is correct from the time the first run guys get theirs until he has a second batch ready to go.
The hard part is getting the FIRST batch out, then the bugs are worked away and the second run is a piece of cake.
That is what I did with my Wraithmaker drum.
It turned out to be as big of a POS as the first ones but I got my order sent pretty quick.(I sent it back)

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
When this deal was offered, It just felt wrong. I took a slow step back.

All this started about the time I did put my name down on Panaceabeachbum's and Richards's .22 lists.

Anyway, sorry for all those who put cash down, but this thread makes me laugh and cry. I laugh because I feel your pain and I cry because it reminds me of how much time has passed since the 2 Richards' .22 projects were offered.

Keep hope alive y'all!

Philcat

I waited 15 months for my Stoney Creek Suomi upper. Then took another month of my modifying to get it running. I'll wait this one out too, but too much longer and I'll start doing what I did with SC, calling and bugging the shit out of them. If I don't get satisfaction there, I can always pay them a visit.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Did you know that SCA's listed address was a vacant lot? Yep!
Don't try paying Jeff a visit... The local police already did because he still owes people product or refunds!

Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
The only MAC upper with ATF approval is in 9mm , not 22lr , the device he refers to in the article sounds like the Calico especially when Len compared it to the Flemming 22 upper , also doesn't change the fact that as of 3 weeks ago no one including my company has ATF approval on any mac upper of open bolt operation that houses bolt, bbl and magazine in 22lr, only 9mm.
This doesn't sound good for .22 depositors...

Philcat

Joel Cramer over on subguns is a buddy of Jeff's HE knows where to find him. Of course he was Jeff's biggest cheerleader too. :toilet

Shattered

Vegas SMG said:
I'm sure I'll be sorry I didn't have a deposit down on one for my Tromix conversion, BUT, I'm all done with deposits.

Yeah, after the AA-12 project in the late '90's I didn't ever do another advance deposit.

Screw me once, shame on you... screw me twice, shame on me.

That's like the old...

You ask for credit. I no give. You get mad. You ask for credit, I give. You no pay. I get mad...

Damn site better you get mad.:silly

bruh44

This is what I recieved from Calico today:

December 8, 2008

I Brian RXX will cease any negative comments on the internet and via email regarding Calico Light Weapon Systems. In lue Calico will refund my down payment of $521.77 by check number #2063.

Brian RXX

They told me if I signed it, the would mail me a check.

SCREW YOU CALICO

They don't get to put conditions on my money.

GUTTERRATT

UZI Talk Life Member
bruh44 said:
This is what I received from Calico today:

December 8, 2008

I Brian RXX will cease any negative comments on the internet and via email regarding Calico Light Weapon Systems. In lue Calico will refund my down payment of $521.77 by check number #2063.

Brian RXX

They told me if I signed it, the would mail me a check.

SCREW YOU CALICO

They don't get to put conditions on my money.
You must really be busting their chops..

Mike85220

What is lame is that I saw the Calico M-11/9 uppers for sale at the SAR show this weekend.

Unreal...

yzfchet

UZI Talk Instigator, UZI Talk Life Member,
I saw that one at SAR too, Mike, and inspected the hell out of it. After dicking around with it for about 6 minutes I concluded it is a piece of junk and could never be used in a match with any success. It takes two hands to change the magazine so forget about fast mag changes. Also, the plastic magazine appears not be a great longevity design. Drop it on concrete once and you are screwed. It had problems locking onto the upper. Finally, after 'shouldering' the gun repeatedly and trying to acquire a sight picture I determined that you can't hit anything anytime soon with it - maybe with a red dot that had range parallax marked off in half-inch-long gradients on the lens...just not impressed. And all you have to do is buy or make a Frankenmag for your M11/9 or MAX-11 and you get more rounds than the Calico 50 mag without the parallax nightmare.

I'm certain a Calico owner will take exception to the above and reply with a flaming retort but I don't much care - I know what I saw and handled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter