M11/15 Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmacster

UZI Talk Supporter
I may get flamed for saying this but I was anticipating cost somewhere around $1,200-$1,400 based on pricing of other Lage uppers. If it's more than that I'll have to give up my spot. I know it gives you the ability to fire rifle rounds now but I don't think it should cost close to 3x as much as a 9mm upper.

I'm not on the list. Do I want one? Yes. I may get on the list once the price is announced. I agree with your statement. The .223 upper seems simpler to me then the Max31MK2 and that is $895.00. Lage is going to charge what he is going to charge and I can't blame a guy for trying to make a living. Let's wait and see what he comes up with. I guess if people have the money they will jump on it. I didn't get the Saber and I'm not sorry, and if I don't end up with this upper, life will go on. Just letting you know gfunk, if everyone else bashes you at least one other person agrees with you.

David

MACchat

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but is there going to be a limited run of these or will they be routinely produced like the rest of the Lage line?

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
Richard , Will you have to submit a Proto type to batf for the M 11 A1 version and if so with this slow it from coming to market or even of becoming reality

Yes, each new upper will have to be submitted. The MAX-11A/15 will just be a shorter version of the MAX-11/15, so I do not see any issues with BATFE.

A&P Mech

UZI Talk Supporter
Richard, now that the prototype has made it through ATF Tech do you have a tentative release date for the version one product ? I did read that the preproduction version must be sent back to Tech, but one would ASSUME that the approval would come much quicker than before?

grezy

UZI Talk Supporter
When will a list for the M11 A1 be compiled if there is a list for these please put me on it thank you , or should I send an email

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
We plan on making a MAX-11A1/15 and MAX-10/15. We will not start any lists until we have a working prototype of each. We will announce here on UZITalk when lists are starting. Do not e-mail us to be put on a list for these yet.

sleepy

We all have wished for Lage to make an AR upper for years and he is making our wish come true. The ATF has given him the green light and he's gonna build us a great product like everything else he has done. I never bought a sabre for the simple fact I didn't have any faith in the support of the product not the price tag. Although I have a RR I still plan on buying an upper because it is a lage and I know Richard will be there should I have a problem or need a part. I would be willing bet our little MAC's will increase in value quickly due to this upper and what the cost of the upper is will make up for in the value of our guns. So you won't hear me moan and groan about the price for the M11/15. For those who are moaning either build an 15 upper yourself, get a 20-30k RR or get out of line for the guys who are happy to give Lage the money.

supperman

We plan on making a MAX-11A1/15 and MAX-10/15. We will not start any lists until we have a working prototype of each. We will announce here on UZITalk when lists are starting. Do not e-mail us to be put on a list for these yet.

giphy.gif

sardo_67

i am in for the A1 list as well, guess i will need to watch here more often as well as the facebook page.

as for the people who compare the $900 9mm uppers to the 556 upper costing around 2k have you seen his 9mm uppers? they are from a mechanical and manufacturing standpoint very simple and easy there for low cost, assembly time on them isn't much either. a lot more involved with a 556 upper as well and many parts need to be sourced from elsewhere so it will cost lage more than in house parts as the current uppers look to be made all in house minus springs, pins and barrels. I've been making jeep lift kits for a while and when you make something in house it's way easier to make money on than when ordering stuff from another maker, even at 50,000+ items a year.

ccosby

Nice. Any chance of working on a 22 upper for the m10? It would be nice to see one on the market again.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Nice. Any chance of working on a 22 upper for the m10? It would be nice to see one on the market again.

Sam has a list for it...i joined 2-3 months ago..emailed him last week and was told its still in the works...i believe a slight redesign with a new extractor he needs to complete....he's got grey ghosts and soon drilling out for the m11/15 to keep busy with....i recommend anyone who wants one to get on his list!!!...the more on the list the sooner it may get done...

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
+1 on that ,I heard probably later than sooner :-(. Hear he's pretty wrapped up in the Baby Ghost, Grey Ghost, Micro Ghost, Mini Ghost, Micro Mini Ghost, etc....... Us M10 guys are always on the back burner! Yeah I know there's more demand for the M11,yada,yada, yada. Guess we have to have patience and wait! Sorry to get off track on this thread! Keep on keeping on and Thank you Richard,SAM and Coffee for what you do and have done for the Mac community :))))

Sam has a list for it...i joined 2-3 months ago..emailed him last week and was told its still in the works...i believe a slight redesign with a new extractor he needs to complete....he's got grey ghosts and soon drilling out for the m11/15 to keep busy with....i recommend anyone who wants one to get on his list!!!...the more on the list the sooner it may get done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter