Max-10/15s getting called / we know what number we are on?

10mmlover

With the Max31 on semi I can easily hit a 2/3IPSC at 160 yards offhand. Didn't try the 180 yard. With the OEM 45 upper it is barely qualified to be an area effect at 180 yards let alone hit the 2/3 IPSC steel.

You're definitely a better shot than me. You're hitting a 20" tall target where that 115gr 9mm bullet has dropped about 15" by the time it gets to that distance, offhand. I definitely couldn't do that with how bad this trigger is. When I last pulled it slowly, it felt like a 15-20 pound trigger.

Deerhurst

You're definitely a better shot than me. You're hitting a 20" tall target where that 115gr 9mm bullet has dropped about 15" by the time it gets to that distance, offhand. I definitely couldn't do that with how bad this trigger is. When I last pulled it slowly, it felt like a 15-20 pound trigger.

I just spend a lot of time behind a lot of different things. The Mac trigger isn't great but not the worst I've used. That would be the PPSh-41 I built.

The body on my targets is 12 wde by 16 tall with a 4x4 head. The 8.6blk were playing with today is something ridiculous like 133 inches of drop at 200 yards.

I just chalk it up to the variety of stuff I play with. Just today I played with ARs in 556 and 300blk, AKs, Daewoo DR200 (makes nice groups with 55gr), that 8.6blk bolt action pistol, HiPower, CZ something or other pistol my buddy just put a red dot on, a VZ61 Skorpion, AKSU, and I think that's it.

9mmsubgun-m11

UZI Talk Life Member
What kind of accuracy are you guys getting with your 10/15s? I tried zeroing mine twice at 100y and I am unable to consistently hit a 6" circle. I attribute this to a combination of the poor trigger, open bolt design, and gas block touching the handguard - however I've shot an M240G and an M249 with better results so I'm not sure its the open bolt issue.

Just wondering what everyone else is getting

With my MAX 11/15 I can smoke baseball size rocks on the 100yd berm doing 2rd bursts with no problem. This is using a Trijicon ACOG and 55gr Wolf ammo.

DistalRadius

With the Max31 on semi I can easily hit a 2/3IPSC at 160 yards offhand. Didn't try the 180 yard. With the OEM 45 upper it is barely qualified to be an area effect at 180 yards let alone hit the 2/3 IPSC steel.
Wait, seriously? I can't get anything even remotely close to that kind of performance. Just to be clear we're talking a Max31Mk2 in 115gr 9mm, right? I mean, admittedly I'm running a Mk1 with a can and a super short barrel, but even with scope and bipod the groups are enormous.

Starting a new thread so I don't derail this one completely.

DistalRadius

Wait, seriously? I can't get anything even remotely close to that kind of performance. Just to be clear we're talking a Max31Mk2 in 115gr 9mm, right? I mean, admittedly I'm running a Mk1 with a can and a super short barrel, but even with scope and bipod the groups are enormous.

Starting a new thread so I don't derail this one completely.

ATCDoktor

I got the email yesterday (I was # 467 on the list), responded to the email today and about 20 mins later got another email from Jackie stating it was time to pay.

Receipt says my upper serial number is 703.

Tinman45

Got mine two days ago, lucky I saw it in time. Iirc, I was in the upper half of the four hundreds on the waiting list.

pjm204

Got the email yesterday #541. Trying to decide if I go for it or not. I know I won't use it often but it would be cool to have. I can afford it but I could also just keep that money for a rainy day. Decisions, Decisions.

SecondAmend

Got the email yesterday #541. Trying to decide if I go for it or not. I know I won't use it often but it would be cool to have. I can afford it but I could also just keep that money for a rainy day. Decisions, Decisions.
There is an easy, regret free way to choose. Let the Fates do it. There are a couple of commonly employed ways to invoke the Fates. One is using what is sometimes called an Engineering Decision Maker - flip a coin - heads, you buy; tails you, pass. Another fairly common technique (for example, used by an antagonist in the Jo Nesbo "Harry Hole" crime novels) - roll a six sided die - one, two, or three spots, you buy; four, five or six spots, you pass.
Best of luck with whatever you pursue.
MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

pjm204

There is an easy, regret free way to choose. Let the Fates do it. There are a couple of commonly employed ways to invoke the Fates. One is using what is sometimes called an Engineering Decision Maker - flip a coin - heads, you buy; tails you, pass. Another fairly common technique (for example, used by an antagonist in the Jo Nesbo "Harry Hole" crime novels) - roll a six sided die - one, two, or three spots, you buy; four, five or six spots, you pass.
Best of luck with whatever you pursue.
MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

I'll probably just go for it, we can't take the money with us when we die!

Homer

Why You'll Only Regret The Things You Don't Do And Never The Things You've Done?
Mark Twain quote, “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Fulliautomatix

Why You'll Only Regret The Things You Don't Do And Never The Things You've Done?
Mark Twain quote, “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

... and order a case (or two) of ammo.

SecondAmend

I am of the opinion that what Mr. Samuel L. Clemens (aka Mark Twain) wrote may be true of those who are prone to second guess themselves, and is not likely true of other personality types; e.g., those who are so cock sure of themselves that they feel that they are never wrong, those who don't ever really care about much of anything one way or another, those who tend to rationalize any decision that they have made, etc.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter