Search results

1. R

Classic Galil Rear Sight Install Tips

Did a fair bit of searching and couldn't find this info, so posting to archive this info: - rear sight ball/detent measures .114 - .115 inches which is ~2.9 mm -- 2.9mm ball bearings (a LOT of them) are available to purchase on amazon and elsewhere. I borrowed one from another topcover for a...
  2. R

IMI Magal

I don't know that it was to replace the M1 carbine -- it was to supplement and use up all the WW2 and Korean War-era .30 carbine ammo and mags the US and Europe gave them after France implemented an arms embargo in the late 1960s and they feared other nations might follow... There were also...
  3. R

Anyone know where I can get pop up night sights for my Galil?

I have a lot of NOS sight parts for standard and also have some parts for micro/hadar rear sights...
  4. R

Replacement Night Sights

Not on this forum often, but I have complete sets -- can pull night sights that still have some lum too...
  5. R

Has anybody compared the Galil ARM .308 to the Ace .308?

If a galil, I'd go w/ a 7.62x39 ACE over a .308. There's a SWAT magazine cold weather test that you can locate where the Galil and Valmet both performed excellently IIRC. Valmets being a Scandinavian AK variant. Cold, cold weather, you want guns that run reliably w/o lube. VZ58s also run well...
  6. R

RS Regulate Galil ACE rails - progress

Midwest industries is also no longer made for classic galils, so no other US options for 922r AFAIK...
  7. R

Why does the Galil ACE bolt carrier have a notch cut out?

So I thought on the micros that it was primarily for (and in this order) 1) to help balance the bolt carrier from side to side (offset charging handle weight) which allows for less sticking and smoother action/less need to overgas and 2) to slightly increase speed of action and/or cycling...
  8. R

Arms Unlimited Selling MicroGalil Builds

They were selling parts kits at one point in time but got them all cleared out. I actually think that CNCW purchased their kits for the CNCW/Jeff Miller micro builds, though I could be mistaken and botach was the source -- but I don't believe that was the case.
  9. R

Action Arms Galil .308 ARM Price Check question

You could probably get $150 or so for each of the mags new in box on gunbroker. New mags w/o box run $100-125 from retailers I've seen. Now adipose is great at sniffing out deals and lists his prices accordingly, but is generally ~20% below what some folks are willing to pay; however, right...
  10. R

Action Arms Galil .308 ARM Price Check question

In the short term, probably. In the long term, probably not... Why? B/c folks who get really into Galils will want to collect the original version, which are of a limited supply and more new folks wanting to collect equals a sellers market...
  11. R

Arms Unlimited Selling MicroGalil Builds

Built on CNC Warrior receivers and listings (when searching "galil" on their site for item summaries, before clicking through to links below) state "Manufactured correctly by Arms Unlimited." Both of these are listed at $2,150, and both sold as SBRs so add $200 tax stamp to the price in...
  12. R

Is This an IMI 1:7 Barrel?

Offhand, it seems early for a 1-7 twist. Typically twist is stamped between gas block and crown. What's the barrel length? I *think* it might be one of the Blackthorne 16" ones which had some issues vs the 18" 1-7 twist barrels. The date stamp rings true for those barrels. Don't recall...
  13. R

Need help on R4 Polymer Mags

In my experience, all that can really fail are the locking lugs since not steel reinforced. Haven't had an issue w/ feedlips spreading or cracking on any of mine that I've had loaded (except when at range and emptying mags) for a few years now... Yes, the steel would be my "go to war" mags...
  14. R

ARs -- it's exceptionally difficult to beat a Lancer opaque mag for durability. However, the MGW steel reinforced bulgarian polymers have me intrigued. Missed out on CDNN having them for $10/mag a week or two ago to give them a test vs the magpul 40s...
  15. R

From everything I've seen -- and have no SA poly mags -- the tapcos are more robust than the SA poly mags... Neither have steel reinforcement while the orlites do. Great thread here, looks like some members from here were posting...
  16. R

Going prone w/ force/weight on mag makes it really easy to break lower quality plastic mags...
  17. R

556 Aces

After NRA summer meeting would be my guess... Doubt they'd wait until shotshow early next year.
  18. R

Interesting Israeli Snipers

10/22 no longer used b/c they transitioned to the ruger sr22: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?80365-Galil-used-by-US-Marines&
  19. R

Opinions on a potential golani purchase

Odd, yes, should be an easy fix then. Could just be crud holding the plunger in place too... I would imagine, but not certain, that Century would have removed the rear sights before parkerizing the top cover, but possibly not.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter