The "Big Thing" For The Mac Style Family Of Registered Receivers

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
"No modifications"
"[Uzi grip]"
Umm...

Ok, you got me.

What I was trying to display is that the upper was not modified in any way and neither was the lower -for this adapter. Additionally, it works with any lower, even Uzi converted lowers. Just like Scott said in the very first post.

panhead5

I don't know why you would give a teaser video knowing there's going to be 50 million questions that you are not able or prepared to answer . This product does look cool as hell but I don't get it . Why wouldn't you wait for a little while longer to avoid all this speculation on what you have and what it will do and how it works.

I must be missing something .

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I must be missing something .

Ummm YAaaaa!
the circus we call uzitalk.....

Wouldn't matter what was released or how.

Even if they tossed the prints and 56 different angled photos of the adapter on the very 1st post with another 100 vids.
I don't really see this thread being much different then any other Mac series release.

every last new upper gets a thread of a 110 pages with off the wall and crack pot questions long before public release.

Just how it is.

I think the angle of the adapter just may be a benefit
Gives the gun a different look harder to tell it's a MAC.

Rich

Grant435

Looks much better than I expected, even the tilted receiver looks pretty comfortable. That’s impressive

rexifcam

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes you can. Tina didn’t like the pic that I took this evening so it will have to be tomorrow.

rparsons3

UZI Talk Life Member
Here's some more video of A&S Conversions Tenco 10/16. (From the side this time!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrnB2cXSqM

Enjoy!

t

Sam, Now it is clear to me why I bought two fat macs from Mr. Carroll, way cheaper than the going rate now, and both now have uzi grips which is to me much more comfortable than the stock 2x4 feeling mac 10 grip, my adaptor will go on one of the uzi grip ones prolly never to come off. Thanks again to you guys, my only question is hurry up, I just turned 70, Oh wait, that's not a question...Roger

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Looks sweet. Like in a refined mad max sort of way. I can't wait to be in debt. Where did you get the idea?

Lots of firearms have a hollow area with a barrel on one end and a bolt group inside. My first machinegun was a Colt M16. "Vegas" and I would go shooting together. Of course he would bring his M11/NINE. He also had a M10/9 that hehad bought as an investment. He had gotten on the S.A.B.R.E. list. I had sold a REWATT Savage built M1A1 Thompson. I ended up buying that M10 and I bought the S.A.B.R.E. through "Vegas".

I noticed like the M16, the "lower" of the M10 is the firearm and I had a S.A.B.R.E. Then I got to digging into the BATF&E definition of "firearm". If the fire control is in the registered part (the M10 receiver), why couldn't the closed bolt M16 fire control parts be mounted into the M10 to fire an AR upper? Of course an AR upper will not attach to the M10 lower. So if a structure was made that could attach the AR upper to the M10 lower and contain the AR recoil spring. As long as the end of the recoil spring was pushing on the inside of the M10 lower, it would seem that the adapter (the structure that had a magwell, attached the AR upper to the M10 lower, and was a guide for the recoil spring) would not be a firearm itself. The few RKI that I asked didn't think the adapter would be a firearm. But the only way to tell is build one and submit it to FATD.

Scott
Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

LawBob

I'll wait for a picture to judge the aesthetics but I kind of like the angled upper. It puts the pistol grip at a better angle. Reminds me somewhat of the Jatimatic SMG.

Yes that makes the grip better for rifle operation

Eric

UZI Talk Supporter
Using a freeze frame from the teaser video posted last night, I spent some time today creating my “artist rendering” of what the assembled firearm must look like. But, now, having done that, I see they’ve posted a more revealing video that makes my effort pointless. I’m still posting it just so I get it out of my system and won’t feel like I totally wasted my time.

Tenco 10-16 Adapter 2A.jpg
Tenco 10-16 Adapter Artist Rendering 2.jpg
Tenco 10-16 Adapter 8.jpg

Using a different freeze frame from yesterday, I measured the angle between the upper and the lower to be about 10 degrees. So whether the upper is angled 10 degrees up or the lower is angled 10 degrees down, I figured there would have to be some type of “wedge” stock adapter so I included that in my rendering also.

I very much look forward to this product coming to market. The Lage MAX-11/15 upper will have the advantage in weight but the Tenco 10/16 (and for me 11/16) will have the advantage in configuration flexibility. They are both great concepts. Choice is usually a good thing but this is definitely going to cost me more money.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Looks doable! Why the angle though?

This is an adapter that is going from open bolt M10 fire control to closed bolt M16 function. The closed bolt fire control is on top of the M10 fire control. With two systems one on top of the other, if the M10 is not tipped down, the bore axis would be above the back of the M10 receiver. The end of the buffer spring must bare on the back of the M10 receiver or the adapter might be considered a firearm.

Scott
Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter